Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bestman Spotlight: Zack

Man ... it is hard to believe that our wedding is in a little more than 3 days. It seems like just yesterday that I saw Chelsea at the baseball field cheering on the Redbirds. But the time is here, and Saturday can't come soon enough. One person that has been there for me through most of it (since 2004/2005) is Zack. This guy is definitely who I consider to be my best friend. I first met Zack at the top of Mount Sequoyah in Fayetteville, Arkansas. A group of guys were meeting up there after a Tuesday night Bible study to hang out and smoke cigars. Since that time we have developed a friendship built upon trust, honesty, and most importantly God.
When I first asked Zack to be my best man, I thought he was going to say no. This was quite a while back, and there was a possibility that Zack was going to be out of the country on a mission trip. I won't say that I am excited that he didn't go because I know he would have had an awesome impact, but I will say that I am pumped he was able to say yes.

We have been through a lot together. One such experience was our attempt at a business venture called Logoes (which I am still convinced would be greatly successful). Logoes was what we called "mobile advertising." You hire us to advertise for you on a college campus, and we would hire drivers to place your logo on their car. It was an awesome idea. However, our short lived business soon dissolved. I think it might be in part because of the 2 hour long lunch and playstation breaks. In our down time we created a dynasty, and Z-Baller was the best player to ever step on the virtual field that is EA Sports NCAA Football 2009.

I'll also never forget the days of the trifecta, comprised of myself, Luke, and Zack. We rocked Fayetteville every day and every night. We even became what they consider "regulars" at a local grill called Hutch's. This was a sports bar and grill with a ton of pool tables and a shuffle board. Needless to say, we became pretty good at both. The three of us had some great times.

We fish, we hunt, we play sports, we do it all. But most importantly, Zack and I have always been able to open up to one another about spiritual issues. I can tell Zack anything. He is honestly one of the greatest sources of encouragement in my life. I don't think many people really understand Zack. They don't realize how much devotion and enthusiasm Zack has for pleasing the Lord. But I know. I see it. He truly does all he can to serve the Lord with his life everyday, and it is something I greatly admire. I wish I could have the faith he has that God is going to provide.

Here are a few photos of the times of Zack and Seth (these are in no particular order):
The Logoes team. This picture was actually used on our business information.
The trifecta under less than favorable circumstances.
Luke was getting his staples removed after surgery.
Chad, Luke, Zack, and me at Tyler's going away party in Fayetteville.
Zack, Justin, me, Chad, and Luke at my engagement party in Fayetteville.
"The usual four" as I like to call us. Chelsea and Ashley / Me and Zack.
This picture was taken right before I went into surgery for my emergency appendectomy.
Zack and I flyfishing on the Elk River outside Denver, Co.
Me and Zack trying to hold on while tubing on Greers Ferry lake.
Zack, Helen, Ashely, and me preparing to jump off a cliff into Greers Ferry lake.
Sorry this is so blurry. It was taken from pretty far away.
Just another fly-fishing outing on the Norfork River.
Luke, Chad, John, me, Zack, and Justin.
Me and Zack at the Coors plant in Golden, Co.
This was an awesome tour with some neat history.

I guess you can tell from that little photo montage that Zack and I have been all over and have done all sorts of things. We really have developed a friendship that I would not trade for anything. Zack holds me accountable and encourages me in all I do. I am thankful that Zack has been there for Chelsea and me over the last 5 years, and it means the world to me that he agreed to be my best man.

Zack, thank you for being there for me through the good times and the bad times. You have been there to pick me up when I was down and celebrate with me when I was up. You have been a source of support for me and Chelsea, and I will never forget the encouragement and accountability you have given me over the years. I am honored to have you stand beside me when Chelsea and I make the second most important commitment in our lives. Thanks bro!
- Seth

1 comments:

  1. Zack is amazing and I am so glad that yall have him in your life! I love Zack too!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers