Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Maid of Honor Spotlight: Ashley

This is so exciting for me because I get to brag on my bestest friend in the whole world (except for Seth and my momma). Ashley has been there for more than you could ever imagine in 5 years. She has seen it all, put up with it all, and (I think) she still loves me! Ashley is the funniest, quirkiest, goofiest, prettiest, most fabulous person you will ever meet. We have so many jokes together that it's not even funny. She is loving, caring, kind, friendly, and has a heart for the Lord. In our five years of friendship, we have only had two minor disagreements, and she has been my roommate for 3 years, 2 of which were literally in the same room together. If I wasn't beyond thrilled to be marrying Seth in 3 days, I would be depressed that I no longer get to live with "Smash".
One of the saddest moments the past few weeks occurred yesterday, when I finally had to buy my very own straightener. Explanation: Having lived in a dorm and sorority house for four years, with Ashley for three years, and having practically straight hair, the necessity for buying my own straightener was very minimal. However, now that I am getting married and living with a boy for the rest of my life, I needed my own! Yesterday, Ashley and I headed to Ulta to buy myself a straightener... it was a terribly sad moment for us. Imagine that commercial with the Swiffer Wet Jet and the mop.... love stinks! Anyways, enough of that story... here are some pictures of us. 
our very first picture taken together during the fall semester of our freshman year on a "coke date" with the men of... Sigma Nu maybe?
out to eat in Little Rock for Ashley's 20 birthday
semi-formal freshman year at Mary Maestri's where they have this salad that Ash just looovvveess ;)
 in Memphis with Shawna in January 2006
 oh just being us... Chi O formal in Eureka Springs 2006
 Row Week freshman year
 two of my favorite pictures of the three of us all taken before Phi Delt Semi-Formal
Go Hogs!
 dressed up before some random function sophomore year
 at Jose's for Ashley's 21st birthday!
 Chi O formal in Eureka Springs junior year
 Seniors! Bid Day 2008
 They should pay us for our modeling skills.
oh, just a little Christmas party at Shawna and Nat's
 frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity in New York
whoops... accidentally passed the candle onto Ash at my candlelight!
 when I asked her to be my Maid of Honor!
 Senior Night!
Easter Sunday 2010
I seriously don't know what I would do without this girl in my life. She has been there for everything the past five years, and I love her to pieces. She even kept my upcoming engagement a secret from me for about 6 months all while living in the same ROOM with her! She is so special to me and is the best friend a girl could ask for. When I came home two weeks ago to get ready for the wedding, she came right along with me to help me in any way possible. She encourages me, holds me accountable, slaps my hand when I attempt to bite my fingernails ;), and builds me up. She makes me a better person just by knowing her. All of my friends are truly amazing girls, and I don't know what I would do without any of them in my life, but in just five years, I feel like Ash knows me almost better than any of my other friends. We just "get" each other. I can't imagine not having her right by my side on Saturday.
Smash, you are amazing. I can't really say more than that. Thank you... for everything. You know you are fabulous ("Oh, hey girl!"), but I see it everyday. You are such an encouragement to me. I love your honesty and the way you aren't afraid to state your opinions and your beliefs. You are truly one of a kind, and I thank God often for His placement of you in my life. My favorite moments from the past five years almost always include you, and I'm not sure you will ever understand how much you mean to me. In fact, as you are sound asleep next to me, I am starting to tear up about how much I am going to miss seeing you everyday. I'm going to need you to move in next door so we can start cutting that hole that can connect our closets... okay, thanks! You're the best... that's all there is to it. Thanks, Ash! I couldn't ask for a better best friend! Love you!

1 comments:

  1. So glad you have such a great friend like Ashley and all of your other friends too! You are very blessed and I am so happy that you realize this!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers