Hello blog readers, today you get to hear from me (Seth) again. Chelsea has unfortunately been unable to blog the past several days because last Wednesday she was rushed to the hospital from school due to problems in her vision, balance, and severe headaches. 5 days later, she is still there. This has been a VERY scary experience for us all. We are still unsure about what exactly has caused this episode, but the good news is the neurologist has ruled out all the "bad" things.
Since Wednesday, Chelsea has undergone every test known to man including MRI, EKG, EEG, blood tests, spinal tap, etc. etc. etc. After all this, the only good news we have is that she does not have anything the doctors consider "serious." In my opinion that is all bull because this is all serious to me. We are hoping that tomorrow she will be able to go home and get some rest in her own bed. At this point, I don't think the hospital is helping her recovery.
Chelsea's parents came up immediately on Wednesday and have been an amazing source of support. Her dad, mom, and I have been taking shifts staying with her and talking to doctors. They are amazing for doing that. Also, the encouragement we have received from friends and other family has been amazing. We can really tell that Chelsea has an abundance of people who care greatly for her and are praying for her constantly. Thank you so much for all the prayers and support.
We will keep you updated on how things turn out. Please keep Chelsea in your prayers as she continues to recover from this. I know that I have been pretty vague with what has gone on in terms of symptoms, but again, we are still unsure of what has caused this.
Thanks for you prayers, and keep sending them up.
- Seth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Love you Chelsea! Hope they figure out what is wrong! You are so strong and you will get through this! I am glad you are taking good care of her Seth! Keep us updated! You are both in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteChelsea...praying for you this morning! Hope you get to go home soon! Seth thanks for the update!!
ReplyDeletei had no idea! hope you get to feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteWe love y'all and will be praying for you for sure!
ReplyDeleteYou're in my thoughts Chelsea! Keep us posted, Seth!
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Benfield Photography. It scares me a bit, because I have terrible headaches and lately have had a few spells where my vision goes completely blurry and I get a splitting headaches and dizziness.
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear they have found nothing "serious", I will keep you in my thoughts even though I don't know you personally! I know from firsthand experience how scary it is when something happens like that!
Loove you Chels! We are praying for you and either of us can be there at any given moment if you need anything at all! Seth, let us know if there is anything we can do. Thinking about you both!
ReplyDeleteChelsea,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for you. I hope you get to feeling better very soon.
Haley