Luke Emert is one of my closest friends, and our relationship is among my most valued friendships.
We met Sophomore year at the University of Arkansas. Luke is one of the most talented people I know, and he has taught me a TON about music. He has even helped me improve my minimal skills on the guitar. Because of him, I was able to record a song for Chelsea one Christmas called "My Rose" (maybe we will find a way to put it on here for you all to hear). If I am not able to put it on here, you will be able to hear him at the wedding. Luke will be playing a song for us during the ceremony! However, if you can't wait that long, simply click here to preview his work. One of my favorite songs on that page is titled "Memphis Blues."
We met Sophomore year at the University of Arkansas. Luke is one of the most talented people I know, and he has taught me a TON about music. He has even helped me improve my minimal skills on the guitar. Because of him, I was able to record a song for Chelsea one Christmas called "My Rose" (maybe we will find a way to put it on here for you all to hear). If I am not able to put it on here, you will be able to hear him at the wedding. Luke will be playing a song for us during the ceremony! However, if you can't wait that long, simply click here to preview his work. One of my favorite songs on that page is titled "Memphis Blues."
Here is a picture of Luke just doing what he does. Guitar is his specialty.
Luke and I have been through a lot together including but not limited to hunting/fishing. He is also an outdoorsman (If you haven't noticed yet, this is a common interest among my friends), and is one I can relate with. While my other close college friends are all outdoorsmen, Luke is one of the few deer hunters among us. I wish I had a picture to show you, but unfortunately I could not find one of him with his trophies. However, he is also an avid duck hunter and fly-fisherman. Check out these images:
Luke, Chad, and Nathan
Luke, Chad, John, Me, Zack and Justin before a little night fishing
Check out this Hog that Luke caught at the Roaring River in Missouri.
One story about Luke I will tell you is about his ankle. Luke has had a few injuries since I have known him, including shoulder surgery and a broken ankle, which also resulted in surgery. While I wasn't present when the accident happened, I did get to attend a follow up doctor's appointment where Luke got his staples removed. Check out these X-ray images of that meeting (parental discretion is advised):
This is an X-Ray image of Luke's ankle prior to surgery. This one was taken from the side.
And finally, post surgery. It looks like a hardware store in his leg!
This was taken at the doctor's office as well. Zack and I tried to give as much moral support as possible.
But apart from the hunting and the injuries, Luke and I have a deep relationship that is centered around the Lord. He has encouraged me to be the best person I can be. Luke is a reflection of who God is, and I can tell that the Lord will use him in mighty ways. You can tell by just sitting and talking with him for a few minutes. Check out his blog here to read some of his thoughts and readings.
Here are a few random pics of our times spent together over the years:
Luke with Zack, Justin, me, and Chad at an engagement party for Chelsea and me in Fayetteville
Luke with me and Tyler at a Dierks Bentley concert in 2008 (I think).
Chad, Luke, Zack and myself. I have no idea where this was taken.
Luke is an awesome person inside and out, and has been one of the best friends I could ever ask for. I am thankful that I have people like Luke in my life to stand beside me when I marry Chelsea. He has been a source of encouragement and strength throughout my college years, and I am confident that he will do the same throughout my marriage. Thanks Luke for being one of my groomsmen.
- Seth













0 comments:
Post a Comment