Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Groomsman Spotlight: Justin

Justin has been one of my best friends. I first met Justin sophomore year of college in much the same way I did many of my closest friends: mutual Godly friends. Justin was first introduced to me through another of my groomsmen, Tyler (More to come on "Tough" later. See previous post for his wedding). Immediately, Justin and I became close friends.

At that time Justin was living in some apartments on Duncan Ave., right next to campus. Because of this, I spent many nights sleeping on his couch (primarily because I was too lazy to drive to campus in the morning, or too lazy to drive home the night before). The next year, Justin was actually my roommate in a house on Shrewsbury. This house was awesome. It was 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3 living rooms, and a dining room. Over the course of that year, we developed a better relationship, and it was then I knew that Justin would be a lifelong friend; the type of friend I want standing beside me when I marry Chelsea.

Justin and I have primarily centered our friendship around two things: long discussions about God and enjoying the outdoors. We fly fish, spin fish, and everything in between. We hunt deer, duck, squirrel, goose, and anything else that the AGFC will create a season to kill. Being from Colorado, Justin has a passion for big game but also for good fly fishing. As a result we have made many unforgettable trips to the Norfork River. Here are pictures from some of our excursions:
Justin and his 23.5" Rainbow on a trip to the Roaring River
Justin and I on a late night catfishing trip.
Luke, Chad, John, Me, Zack, and Justin at the Norfork River

Justin and I have had great times on the rivers and lakes of Arkansas. We have also had some unforgettable times just hanging out. I am thoroughly looking forward to having Justin stand beside me when I marry Chelsea. He has been a spiritual encouragement to me over the years, and I know that support will continue into my marriage. In some ways, he can even provide advice regarding the first year of marriage. Justin was married in June to one of our favorites, Lindsey.
Justin and Lindsey on a late night catfishing trip
Chelsea and Lindsey on the same trip. They are both future teachers and have become good friends through their mutual experiences in class and in teaching. 

That's it for groomsman spotlight number one. Justin has been a great friend, a great roommate, and a great encouragement in my spiritual life. He has been one of my best friends throughout college and today. Although we are both approaching different areas of life (Justin is working full time for a steel erection firm and I am looking for legal jobs), I know Justin will be a great friend and source of encouragement for years to come.
- Seth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers