On Saturday, we got up bright and early to go meet with Jordan (remember him from this post?) for our second "round" of premarital counseling. God has truly blessed Jordan with amazing wisdom and insight, and Seth and I left feeling like all we wanted to do was sit back down with him to "pick his brain" for several more hours! We discussed so much in such a short amount of time, but the main topics of conversation were how there is absolutely no chance of divorce because Matthew says in chapter 19 verse 6 that "they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate." Even though we have had numerous conversations about this over the past several years, as we fleshed out this verse and the cross-references, we became even more aware of God's plans for our lives together, and divorce is not one of them, no matter what. We also talked some about children and God's plans for us there. It was a great discussion and is something that Seth and I are going to be praying about, thinking through, and discussing over the next many months, I'm sure.
After our great meeting with Jordan, we spent most of the day running around to different stores to do a lot of different things. On the list was discuss favor options at Dinstuhl's, find out about makeup options from Joseph, pick out tuxedos, and find shoes for my wedding dress! All was accomplished, except for the shoes, but I ended up finding a pair online yesterday that I ordered, so hopefully I will love them when they come in later this week. Hopefully, I will follow up with a post on them if they are keepers! We then headed home so I could take a nap before we got ready to go to Ragan and David's wedding! Ragan and I went to school together for about twelve years, and we were so excited to help celebrate her big day! It was an amazingly beautiful wedding, and we had so much fun hanging out with all of our Memphis friends! I didn't get very many pictures but here are the few that I did take.
Seth and me before the wedding
Two of my favorites... Helen and Alison
Borrowed this from Maggie's facebook... Ragan with her four Hutchison bridesmaids... Nancy, Maggie, Lucia, and Ruth
Congratulations, Ragan and David!! We came back to Fayetteville on Sunday and made really good time. Two of our sweet friends, Jordan and Amber, had us to their house to watch the Super Bowl, and we had a great time watching the game and commercials while enjoying the company of some fun friends and Amber's delicious chili! It was a great end to a great weekend!
Hope everyone else has a great week!! Oh, and what do you think of our new look? Seth has been working in Photoshop some to update our header... do you like??








Good job with the Photoshop skills Seth!
ReplyDeleteNew follower! Cute blog!
ReplyDeletey'all are darling!!
ReplyDeleteLet Ragan know that I think her dress was perfect for a February wedding and that I loved how her bridesmaids all wore their hair down. So pretty!
Glad you're feeling better, Chelsea!! I was thinking of ya!