Ads 468x60px

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hospital Visit #2

Well, after several good appointments, last week's wasn't so great. Seth was at the lake with some friends for Zack's bachelor party, so my friend Shawna stayed with me and took me to the appointment. After telling my doctor about some of the issues I'd had that week, he decided to monitor me and the little ones. For the first time, I was a fingertip dilated and about 75% effaced, so after monitoring us for about an hour, he sent me over to be admitted to the hospital through the weekend. I spent about 30 hours in labor and delivery while they administered steroids for the babies to help their lungs develop, magnesium to slow down the contractions and help their brains develop, penicillin just in case I delivered to keep us all from getting an infection, and tons of fluids. They were never able to stop the regular contractions, but they finally felt comfortable enough to unhook me from everything and feed me! I was moved to the antepartum floor late Friday night and was there until Sunday. The contractions got so bad that day and were lasting around 10 minutes each and were almost non-stop, so they moved me back down to labor and delivery to try some new meds. After about 7 hours there, I was finally able to go back to the antepartum floor, where I stayed until this afternoon. As of this morning, I was dilated to a 1-2 and still 75% effaced. The babies were monitored for about 20 minutes, during which I had 9 contractions. Somehow, they still let me leave! My doctor was a little hesitant to send me home, but seeing as I have barely slept in the week I've been there, everyone thought it might do me good to sleep in my own bed and get a good night's rest. So that's my plan! We just got home, and I am so excited to take a bath and sleep in my bed!

Oh they also did a quick ultrasound when they admitted me just to estimate how big they would be if I delivered. As of last Thursday, he was measuring 3 pounds, 5 ounces and she was measuring 3 pounds, 2 ounces. They are so squirmy all the time now, and between them and the contractions, it's no wonder I can barely rest!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers