Ads 468x60px

Friday, April 19, 2013

This Week's Appointment

These days, I look forward to Mondays and Thursdays, and they pretty much serve as my timeline for everything. Mondays start the new week for the babies, and Thursdays are my doctor appointments. When you don't leave the house (or the couch), you really look forward to doctor appointments! Plus, when I am in pain and having lots of contractions, I decide whether or not we need to go back to the hospital based on how close we are to seeing my doctor on Thursday mornings. So anyways, here is the update from yesterday's appointment.

I was 26 weeks and 3 days when I saw him, and I'm measuring 35 weeks... insane! Apparently a uterus has no clue how many babies are inside, so women with twins usually measure 8-9 weeks ahead of schedule. I'm right on target then, and even though I've never been 35 weeks pregnant, I can only imagine that it has to feel like I'm feeling now... huge, uncomfortable, starting to swell, etc.

Our little man's heart rate was around 135bpm and baby girl (who was extremely active this morning) was around 153bpm. They will do another ultrasound next week to measure rate of growth and all that jazz, and I can't wait to see them again.

Although my contractions have increased, become more regular and lengthy, and are usually pretty painful, my cervix is still closed! I've basically been in preterm labor for four weeks now, and these babies are still staying put for now. Even though my doctors don't really have an explanation for this and aren't able to predict at what point this will change, we know that they have made it as long as they have because it is all a part of God's plan for their lives. We have so many people praying for them, and we so appreciate it. Please continue to pray that my cervix will stay closed and keep 'em cooking! :)

That's about all for now. I'm back at home and have resumed my position on the couch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers