Ads 468x60px

Thursday, April 4, 2013

24 Weeks

We had our 24 week appointment this morning, and I am thrilled to say that I am back home afterwards! We went ahead and officially packed a hospital bag last night, just in case. After last week's unexpected stay, I want to be prepared from now on. Today's appointment was great! I am up 5 more pounds in the past 3 weeks, and I am still able to manage the contractions with the medicine they put me on when they discharged me from the hospital. The medicine also helps lower my blood pressure, which is great since a nurse mentioned to me in the hospital that she read in my paperwork that I had gestational hypertension. I took the one-hour glucose test this morning and passed! That's a huge blessing, as I can't imagine having one more thing to stress about sitting here. Okay, now on to our precious little ones.
This little fist-pumping boy is back to being Baby B, according to today's ultrasound tech. Apparently they are both very low, so it is hard to tell which one is closer. This tech thinks she is closer, so whatever! I'm pretty sure if they do a c-section, it doesn't really matter, and since we can clearly tell the difference in them (because of their genders) it's easy to keep track of which is which for growth purposes. He is still head down, so not much has changed there. Yet again, he was much harder to get a clear picture of than she was. Here are little man's stats:
               Heart Rate: 138 bpm
               Estimated Weight: 2 pounds
               Gestational Age: 26 weeks, 1 day
I cannot quit staring at this precious face, and I wish we had a similar picture of her brother. She is still breech, and I was amazed that her head is way up high under my ribs. She is so active, and I know we are going to have our hands full with this sweetheart. Here are her stats:
               Heart Rate: 143 bpm
               Estimated Weight: 1 pound, 12 ounces
               Gestational Age: 25 weeks, 1 day
It was so nice to hear a good report on both of them, and I got one as well! It hit me the other day when I was talking to another pregnant friend just how different a high-risk pregnancy is! She is close to delivering and was saying that the doctor really didn't know how big her baby was because she hadn't had an ultrasound since 20 weeks. Since this is my first pregnancy, I sorta forgot that most people see their babies once or twice throughout the entire pregnancy. I guess that is a plus-side to my issues... we get to check on our little ones pretty frequently! Here is my preggo picture for the week. I am quickly looking huge! Seth came home from work the other day convinced that I had grown in the time he was gone that day. Maybe so!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers