Ads 468x60px

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Blog Challenge - Day 7

Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY (If you don't make anything, what do you WISH you could make?)
I think I'm going to have to stick with the WISH part of this challenge. For me, I really don't think it is a lack of talent but more just a lack of time and dedication. Instead, I leave all of the crafting up to my fabulous mother and just submit requests for what I would like created. In the past, she has made scrapbooks, personalized recipe cards, recipe boxes, greeting cards, paintings, calendars, candy labels, stickers, personalized notecards, quilts, and about a thousand other things for my friends for different occasions. 
For Christmas, she has always made our Christmas cards, and this is definitely what I wish I could create. Before the digital era took over, she would make every card we sent out. I remember spending hours helping her emboss hundreds of cards. Thankfully, the digital era has arrived, and Christmas cards have been much easier to make since then. Here are our 2007, 2008, and 2009 cards, respectively.
One day, I am going to have her teach me how to do all of this neat computer stuff. She started helping me with a new blog design over Thanksgiving, so hopefully when I have more time over Christmas break, I will have a whole new design to share! The other thing that my mom made several years ago that I think is super cool (and that they had on sale this year at the NWA Boutique Show) is our family Advent Calendar.
Each of the days are magnetic, and we add a cute number each day until Christmas! My mom made the calendar out of a cookie sheet, and she participated in an exchange with several other crafty people who each made 25 of the same number. They then sent them all to each other, so that everyone had a complete calendar. My mom made December 22. Pretty neat idea, huh? It is things like this that I totally know I can do, but I just never take the time to do it! So thankful for my momma who does! :)

In other news, my AMAZING husband was the one to remember that today, November 29, marks 6 MONTHS OF MARRIAGE for the two of us. He showed up tonight with these beautiful flowers!
I might be just a tad biased, but I'm pretty sure he's the greatest. Love you Seth!

3 comments:

  1. I love your flowers! Happy 6 months! Great craft ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards! I'm loving that calendar too :) Happy 6 months...doesn't it just fly by?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet husband! And of course you can do all the things I do, you just don't have the time right now!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers