Ads 468x60px

Friday, May 14, 2010

My Favorite Books

I have read Kelly's blog for some time now but have yet to participate in her weekly "Show Us Your Life" posts for no particular reason. However, when I saw the topic this week was favorite books, I just had to join in. Being an elementary teacher, I LOVE books, especially children's books. Here are a few of my favorites.
One of my absolute favorite books to read is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. There is just something so wonderful about Mr. Darcy and the love story in that book. We read it at some point in high school, and I have read it many times since. I found a pretty old copy one time at a used book store, and it is on my bookshelf in our new house. 
Some other books I love are Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, the Redemption series (and those series that follow) by Karen Kingsbury, and the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. I also love Jodi Picoult's books, most of James Peterson's books, and I am starting to like some of Nicholas Sparks' books. I love to read and have already been gathering a pile of books that I plan to read at the beach on our honeymoon! 

I also really like to read children's books. Here are some of my favorite children's books.

And one of my new favorites that I my mentor just shared with me in kindergarten that I need to go purchase for my own classroom...

4 comments:

  1. I used to LOVE Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies!!! One of my faves as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom STILL uses the term "get the gimmies." i think that between cas and i, we owned every single one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved any Berenstain Bear book, Goodnight Moon, I Love You Forever, and all the If You Give A... books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the books you listed! They are some of my favorite to give as gifts at baby showers. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers