Ads 468x60px

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Groomsman Spotlight: Chase

Today's groomsman spotlight is a tribute to one of my oldest and closest friends. What can I say about my brother Chase? Chase is only 2 years older than me, so needless to say he and I are very close. We grew up running, playing, and of course fighting. In fact, I can remember one particular instance when fists were flying in the front yard. My mom was justifiably furious about our little battle royale, but that is one memory I will never forget. We were a bloody mess when it was all over. I won of course haha. 

Chase and I did everything together. We even had the same friends. Our lives were consumed with boy stuff. We grew up with a ditch beside our house, and as you can imagine most of our time was spent in that sewage pit. However, between capturing bull frogs, snakes, and other creepy crawlers, we enjoyed just hanging out. Chase and I would ride our bikes through the streets of West Memphis like we owned the place. Never to return until the street lights came on. But once they did, we had to race back to the house because the last thing we wanted was for the "kid snatchers" to get us. We had a blast together.

Chase and I are different though. I have always said that Chase is smarter than me. He can take a computer apart, put it back together, and have it working better than before. He just knows how to fix stuff. He understands it and knows how it works. He can fix a car, a computer, a lawn mower, you name it he can do it. I on the other hand have not been blessed with that talent. However, knowing that he is so smart, I used to pride myself on the fact that he stole my homework in Geometry to cheat off of it because it made me feel a little smarter. Then I realized it was only because he was too lazy to do it himself.

Chase was a great big brother growing up. He looked after me, and I am thankful for all he has done for me over the years. He kept me out of trouble (most of the time), and I think nowadays I do the same for him (at least I like to think so). Today, we have both grown into our own different lives, but one thing hasn't changed ... Chase and I are still very close. I love that dude like nobody's business, and I am sure he would do anything for me at the drop of a hat, just like he always has. I hope that I can show him the love that he has shown me throughout my life. 

Check out these pictures of us from way back in the day:

Me (in suspenders of course) and Chase just straight kicking it on Christmas day. Yeah, we held hands, so what. And that is definitely Garfield on the TV. I loved that cat.
The whole family getting ready for a picture either before or after church one Sunday. 
Chase and I rocking the coats and ties. We were so baller.
Mom with all her kiddos. Chase (top left), me (bottom left), Hannah (middle left) and Trey (head cut off at top). Chase rocking the old school Memphis State University Tigers shirt. Being fans of Memphis Basketball is just something that runs in our family.

And now for a few that are a little more recent:
Chase, his daughter Maggie, my brother Trey (sporting some Memphis Tigers apparel of course), my mom, Me, my sister Hannah, and her daughter Lexi. I'm the proud uncle of many nieces and nephews.
Chase, Maggie, and Chase's wife Heather
Hannah, me, Mom, Trey, and Chase. This was taken at Mom's house two Christmas holidays ago.
In case you missed it on first glance, this is yet another picture in which one of us is wearing something having to do with the University of Memphis.

Time has really flown by. It seems like yesterday that Chase and I were just kids riding around West Memphis. Those days are gone, and a lot of things have changed. Now a very big change is happening in my life, and I am so glad that Chase is going to be a part of it.  I cannot imaging my wedding day without him. He has been such a great big brother to me all these years, and I am thankful that he will be standing beside me when Chelsea and I say our vows. Chase thank you for just being you. You are an awesome man. I love you bro.

- Seth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers