Ads 468x60px

Monday, April 19, 2010

Groomsman Spotlight: Clark

When I began law school at the University of Arkansas, Clark was one of the first people I developed a friendship with. While we knew one another as undergraduates, we never became close friends. All of that changed once our graduate studies began. Clark and I have a lot in common. We are both self-motivated, we both have a deep interest in politics and government, and we both are devoted to our friends. I am convinced that Clark will support me in any endeavor I choose to pursue and will be an encouraging friend the entire way. This is a man who has been a great source of support and encouragement for me, and I am glad he will be standing beside me when I say my vows to my beautiful bride.

It all really started in undergrad. I was running for student body president, and Clark was running the campaign against me. He won (we started off on the wrong foot). All that is in the past now though. Since those days, we have grown very close and I consider Clark one of my closest friends (hints the reason he is going to be a groomsman). Lets hope that if another campaign ever arises for me, Clark will be on my side.

In law school, Clark and I have spent a lot of time together beginning with our 1L year. For those of you who are unfamiliar, law school takes three years to complete. In your first year you are called a 1L, in your second year you are called a 2L, and in your third year you are called a 3L (which I will be in exactly 3 weeks). As 1L's Clark and I competed in the negotiations and client counseling competitions together in addition to studying for all our classes together. We were in the same section so we had the same professors. As 2L's Clark and I worked endless hours on law review assignments and other miscellaneous law school activities. And now ... well, Clark will be there supporting me like he continuously has for the past two years. Only this time as a groomsman.

Here is a little photo montage of Clark and me over the past couple of years:
Clark and me outside Hugo's for dinner one night
Chatting about something important I assume
 Cheesin
Law School Christmas Party 2009 (yes that is a dirty stache)
At You Know Uno for my 24th birthday. We do karaoke right.
I'm honestly not sure what is going on here.
Chelsea and one of her favorites. She has given him the nickname "Clarkee"

Clark, thanks for being a great friend. You have truly been a great source of support and encouragement for me throughout law school. I don't think I could have gotten through my first two years without you. I appreciate all you do for me both inside and outside the classroom. You are definitely going places, and I am glad that I have gotten to be a part of your life journey these past couple of years. Thank you for standing beside me through a lot of tough times, and thank you for agreeing to stand beside me when I commit my life to Chelsea. 
- Seth

1 comments:

  1. What a cute blog! Thanks for signing up for the giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers