Ads 468x60px

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Field Trip to the Farm

We have been studying the farm and farm animals in kindergarten for the past couple of weeks, and we ended our unit today by taking a trip to the U of A for something called Farm Friends. There were a lot of different types of animals there, and my students had so much fun! I took quite a few adorable pictures, but for safety purposes, I am only going to put up ones of the animals. They were pretty cute too (well, some of them anyways)!
 lots of baby chicks that were just born today... some while we were there
a two-week old colt and his momma
 one of their favorite things... and then they wanted to hold my hand
We watched them shear one of the lambs, and they gave us some of the fleece to take back to our classroom
 woo pig sooie!
I think this was called the Flemish Giant Rabbit. It is not the greatest picture, but this rabbit was huge! The white one was its newborn baby.
duckling
It was a fun day at the farm! We saw many more animals and learned a lot! Seth is getting ready to start finals, so he is in prep/outline-making mode! We're ready for summer!!! Oh, and thanks for all of your sweet comments!! It makes my day to know that people actually read our blog!! :) 

1 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the little ducks! And I had to laugh about the worms then wanting to hold your hand! So typical of kids!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers