P.S. When I was around 7 years old, I was in the doctor with my 3 year old brother who was getting a strep test. I was minding my own business playing with my toys when I heard Nathan start gagging. I immediately run over to the doctor and demand that he "stop choking my brother!!" It does kinda feel like they are choking you when they stick that thing down your throat though!
In other news, check back tomorrow to hear about my exciting weekend!!!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Sickly, Sickly!
All of my kids are sick!!! We have somewhat of a strep throat epidemic in our classroom right now! I had one student out with it on Monday, one out Tuesday and Wednesday, one went home today with it, and two others complained to me all day of having a sore throat! I went to the doctor yesterday because my throat was swollen shut, and yep, they gave it to me too! I am getting so used to functioning not feeling well though that it doesn't bother me too much. The doc gave me a good shot of penicillin (which my future hubby and mother couldn't have because of allergies!), and that seems to be helping. With that, my bottle of advil, some coffee, and diet coke, I am still plugging right along! Not sure how true this is but the doctor told me that I am fine to be around other people as long as I don't cough in their face or anything like that. Apparently the reason it is spreading around our room is because the kids cough and sneeze without washing their hands. Yuck! My bottle of Germ-X is my new best friend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Feel better soon! I hear you have an exciting weekend coming up! And that story is my very FAVORITE about you and Nathan-as you know, since I tell it all the time!
ReplyDeleteWhen they tried to give me my first strep test I ran around the room saying "It's a free country & you can't make me do it!" I am sure that my mother was mortified, and that my child will re-pay this to me in some way in the future. Feel better my dear and have a BLAST this weekend!
ReplyDelete