Ads 468x60px

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Peabody Hotel

When we started working on hotel rooms for our wedding party and out-of-town guests, I really wanted to have everyone stay at The Peabody in downtown Memphis. We looked into prices of rooms at several downtown hotels, but honestly, The Peabody offered us a price that was almost too good to be true!
A little Peabody history: Colonel Robert Brinkley built the original Peabody Hotel for his daughter as a wedding gift in 1869. It cost about $3 to $4 to stay there a night then! If you have been to the Peabody, you know that a major tradition is that there are ducks that live in the fountain and march down in the morning and back up to their home on the roof in the evening. In the 1930s, the general manager at the time thought it would be funny to leave some of their live duck decoys in the fountain after a weekend hunting trip. Since then, the ducks have remained in the fountain.

As a little girl, we always went to the Peabody anytime our family came in town, and we had many dances and events there throughout my childhood. I love the Peabody, and it truly is a great Memphis experience! Here are a few pictures I grabbed off of the Peabody website.
We are so excited about staying downtown at The Peabody with our best friends before our big day! I know we are going to be having too much fun to sleep in the girls' rooms! I'm foreseeing lots of late-night girl talk and reminiscing! :) They are already taking reservations for rooms because The Peabody fills up fast! If you are coming in town for our wedding, we have a room block... if you're coming, you know our last names ;) so go ahead and call them!

And we are in the double digits today... 99 days and counting!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Peabody :) Yay for double digits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited also to stay down there! It will be fun and good to all be together for the celebrations!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers