Our friendship has grown in connection with a variety of things, the primary of which are hunting trips (something that is kind of a theme of my friendships), fishing trips, and nights "at the farm." We have spent many nights and weekends hanging out and killing animals. One of my most memorable deer kills was made with Jimbo in the stand with me. This shot was memorable because the gun nearly broke my nose (from the scope hitting me in the face) and the loud shot temporarilly damaged Jimbo's hearing.
Jimbo on a boat
Jimbo went to Ole Miss after high school and roomed with Jesse (Jesse's groomsman spotlight can be read here). That was a blast. I was able to visit those two in Oxford several times, and it was always an experience. I went primarilly for Razorback games, which was fun until Ole Miss decided to get good. We will have revenge next year Rebels. Mark my words.
Anyway, getting back on track, it seems like it has always been Jesse, Jimbo, and me. Our three-way friendship has worked well together: Jimbo is the crazy one; Jesse is the responsible body guard; and I am an additional voice of reason when things start to get out of hand. These are two great guys. I can't imagine my life without their friendship, and I couldn't imagine my wedding without them in it. So, without further ado, see below for a variety of pics specifically chosen for your viewing pleasure.
Jesse, Jimbo, and I at Jesse's farm. This place (the farm) is one of the best places on Earth.
Dude, Me, and Jimbo at Jesse's farm. This looks like it was the same night as the picture above.
Either that or I really like that pink shirt.
A wedding party bunch: Alison, Jimbo, Helen, Chelsea, Jesse, and me
at our annual Tacky Christmas Party (I love the look on Jimbo's face)
Chelsea and Jimbo before one of the Cotton Carnival parties in Memphis.
This was only a few years ago, but look at how young they are!
Anyway, Jimbo and I have grown very close over the years, always making it a point to stay in touch. He is a really good friend to have and is good at being the life of the party. If you are around him a lot, you might hear the phrase, "Oh, that's just Jimbo". He's a great guy and a great friend. I am thankful that he has agreed to be a groomsman in my wedding.
Case and point.
- Seth











You gotta love Jimbo!
ReplyDelete