Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cake Wrecks

I have clearly had a LOT of time on my hands that I have filled with sleeping, eating, sleeping, napping, sleeping, watching TV, sleeping, playing on the internet, eating, and sleeping. I have tried to come up with something to blog about to no avail. I asked Seth if he had anything to say, and his response was, "I have done nothing but study for two weeks. No one wants to read about that." Okay then, guess that leaves this up to me!

I look at a lot of different blogs. I have some favorites, but I stumbled across a new one today that I had to share because it kept me laughing for quite some time. It's called Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Horribly, Hilariously Wrong. It just has some great pictures and provides a nice laugh. There are some great categories, including Handwriting Horrors, Mithspellings, and Holidays, but since we are talking about wedding things here, I thought I would show some of my favorite wedding pics.
The headless bride. She even put her veil on the cake after wearing it in the ceremony.
Oh, she is also limbless. Why? Because the bride thought it would be creepy for her guests to eat her heads and arms. But only those two things would be creepy to eat. ?!?!
Tye-dye beanie baby as the inspiration. Cute, huh?
I think this was supposed to resemble cherry blossoms.
Wait... zoom in. Are those....??
Why yes! They are Peeps! Of course!
The grammar queen in me laughed at this for at least 10 minutes. This was a real cake at someone's wedding! How sad!!

They also feature cakes that people asked for and what they actually got. The results are hysterical! Here are just a few.
The inspiration...
...the result.
The inspiration...
...the result.

Anyways, there are SOO many more you need to check out. It is insane to me that these cakes were all done by professionals! Kind of makes me start to worry about my wedding cake... just kidding!

2 comments:

  1. WOW--I feel so bad for the cakes that were cute when requested and then awful when they arrived. At least they had good intentions!

    This was really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! Such a great idea! All of those cakes are crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers