Ads 468x60px

Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Music

Despite my best efforts to convince myself ALL semester that I will NOT be getting sick this year, my body finally decided otherwise. Crazily enough, the elementary school that I intern at gave flu shots to all faculty, staff, students, and interns. Well, I went in for my flu shot after school that day to find out they had ordered one fewer than they needed, and who was the ONLY person not to get one?? Yep, me.

So after starting to feel sickly while teaching on Wednesday, I went into the doctor yesterday not thinking much of it except that I had a cold, needed an antibiotic, and would be back at school today. One strep test and flu test later, the doctor came in to tell me that both tests came back positive and that I also had a severe sinus infection. Great. NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!! She then proceeded to tell me that I MUST stay in bed until December 10 (NEXT THURSDAY!) and that she won't release me to go back to school until then.

Now, most people would probably be thrilled for a week spent in the bed, but if you know me at all, you know that I HATE to miss ANYTHING!!! I have gone to school sick for at least three different weeks this semester because it stresses me out to miss things. I feel terrible when I can't be where I am supposed to be. Nevertheless, here I am in bed on day one, I feel like I have been run over by a truck, and I can barely move or breathe or function much for that matter, but I feel like I need to get up and go to school!
This is clearly NOT me, but seeing as there is NO WAY I am putting up a picture of what I have been looking like lately, this lady represents me just fine.

To try to make myself feel better about this entire situation, I decided to add Christmas music to our blog! I hope you enjoy it! It has made me feel better already. Oh and my amazing mother drove all the way from Memphis to take care of me. :) How awesome is that? With Seth living at the library these days and Ashley out of town, she was afraid I would starve and dehydrate myself with all the sleeping I have been doing over the past two days.

1 comments:

  1. So glad your Momma is there to take care of you! So sorry you are so sick! LOVE YOU and let me know if you need ANYTHING at ALL!!! Get well soon Missy!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers