Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How I Asked My Bridesmaids

This is a pretty common discussion topic in the wedding world (especially on the blog sites and such), so I thought I would share. When we got engaged, I knew our wedding would be some time away, so I felt silly asking my bridesmaids that early on. However, once we set a date and starting making wedding-related decisions, I knew I wanted my girls by my side!

My mom is insanely creative and talented, so I knew I wanted to use her talent to make me some cute cards to write them a little note on asking them to be in our wedding.
My mom created these for each of the girls and personalized them with their names. You can't get the full effect from the picture, but it's a good try.

 I wanted to give them something fun with the card and thought of several ideas. I finally stumbled across this book...
It is called You Can Wear It Again: A Celebration of Bridesmaids' Dresses and is pretty much a picture book of hilarious photos of terrible bridesmaid dresses. I just think the title is super hysterical too. Here is just a sample of some of the pictures in the book.
Hehe... makes me laugh! Anyways, I wrapped a copy of the book up with their cute cards and gave each of my bridesmaids theirs! Sadly, I had to mail some of them to the girls that live far away from me, but I loved the phone conversations that followed!

Here's Ashley, my MOH, with hers. I think she might have had an idea what its contents were, since she insisted I take a picture... ;)
I am so thankful for each one of these girls because they mean so much to me, and I cannot wait to marry Seth with them by my side.

On that note, 200 DAYS AWAY!!!!!!! EEEEEEKKKKK!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!!!!

1 comments:

  1. haha I still crack up at that book!! We are all so honored to stand by yall on the big day!! YAY for < 200 days! By the way, your blog gave me inspiration for my bridesmaid dresses: I'm thinking the red one pictured for my wedding! Would you wear it??? hahaha

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers