Ads 468x60px

Friday, November 15, 2013

Sara Beth and Seth: 5 Months

Well since this seems to be the only type of post I have time for these days, here we go with our five month post.

Measurements and Sizes:
They don't have a pediatric appointment again until their six month birthday, so these are unofficial stats taken by me at our house this morning.

Sara Beth:
Weight - 14 lbs 9 oz
Length -25.5 in
Head -16.5 in

Seth:
Weight - 20 lb 5 oz
Length - 28 in
Head -18 in

Sara Beth is mostly wearing 3-6 month clothes, although some are still pretty big on her. I put her in them anyways because I don't like cramming her arms into 0-3 month clothes. She seems pretty long to me compared to her weight. She is borderline for size 1 and size 2 diapers, so she is still in size 1 for now. When we use up this package, though, she will probably make the switch to size 2. She has been sleeping in size 2 for several weeks now, and she has been borderline between the sizes for awhile.

Seth is still wearing whatever I put on him, as long as it isn't too tight or too massive. I did have this cute sweatshirt that I tried on him yesterday that was a size 18 months, and I considered letting him wear it because it sort of fit, but it looked semi like a dress so I changed him out of it. He has been wearing size 3 diapers during the day, and size 4 diapers at night. Yes, my 5 month old, 6 week early baby is wearing size 4 diapers, like many of my 18-month old friends' kids.

Sleeping and Eating:
We are still sleeping very great at night and fairly good for naps! Both babies prefer to sleep on their tummies now and refuse to fall asleep on their backs. They roll right to their tummies, and roll onto their backs when they are ready to get up. Pretty cute. Seth sleeps better in his car seat when we are out than SB does, but they are both realizing that it is more fun to be awake and looking around when we are out than it is to be asleep.

Eating is about the same. Sara Beth is typically eating 4-5 ounces of breastmilk/formula, plus 6 teaspoons of rice cereal in every bottle 5 times each day. Seth drinks around 6-7 ounces of breastmilk/formula at each feeding and gets 8 tsp of rice cereal in his bottles. He also takes 5 bottles
every day.

On October 19, we gave them rice cereal as a "food" for the first time with them sitting in their bumbos, and it went just okay for both babies. We tried again the next night, and Seth acted like we were completely torturing him. We tried oatmeal cereal the following night, and both babies decided it was the worst thing they had ever had. We gave up for a week or so on the food front and then tried both cereals again, with not much more luck than the last time. While at Target one day, I decided to buy some sweet potatoes to see if that might go over better than the mush they call cereal. It wasn't successful either sitting in their bumbos, so the next night, I decided to try feeding them laying back in their boppys. SUCH A SUCCESS!!! My children apparently don't like their bumbos, but between the two of them, they finished off a jar of sweet potatoes in their boppy pillows. We haven't tried any other foods yet, and I plan on making my own baby food soon. I think over Thanksgiving I will get to work on that.

Firsts This Month:
On October 17, I took the babies to the pumpkin patch and on their first hayride with some friends. Seth met us there on the way home from work, so we got a couple of family pics. They ate rice cereal on October 19 and oatmeal for the first time on October 21. On October 24, we took our first family Christmas card pictures with the babies with Dale Benfield (LOVE the way they turned out... thanks Dale!). My parents' friends had a Sip and See in Memphis for the babies on October 26 (pics to come soon from that). On October 31, the babies had their first 'big' holiday of Halloween! We took them trick-or-treating (for about 5 minutes) with some friends, and they did so great! On the weekend of November 2, my parents came and stayed with the babies, and it was my first weekend away from them! They did great, and Seth and I had a good time in Fayetteville with some great friends. On November 9 was when I gave them sweet potatoes in their boppys and actually counted it as eating them for the first time.

Favorite Pictures:

Mommy's Notes:
Oh my little chunky monkeys, how I love you so! You are growing too fast for me to keep up with, but I am loving watching you grow up together. You are starting to notice each other more, and I think you really like each other. At the church nursery, they tell me that when you are fussy, they put you together and that makes you calm down. That makes my heart happy. I love you both so incredibly much. Happy 5 months, munchkins! 

2 comments:

  1. omgosh they are so so so precious. I hope I have twins one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The babies are beyond adorable! My two favorite pictures are the ones of them in their superhero costumes [where Seth dwarfs Sara Beth] and then Seth sobbing in his Bumbo. We didn't have great luck with Adam and the Bumbo either. He didn't seem to mind it much-- at least not as he was sitting in it-- but his legs were so fat they would get stuck and we'd literally have to pry him out of there. It was a two person job. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers