Ads 468x60px

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sara Beth and Seth: 4 Months

The twins are 4 months old! They've started being around other babies this month, and it is crazy to me how big they seem next to newborns. It is hard to remember when they were that little, and it was only a few months ago!

Measurements and Sizes:
Sara Beth:
Weight - 13 lb (34th percentile)
Length - 24.5 in (59th percentile)
Head - 16.25 inches (59th percentile)

Seth:
Weight - 17 lb 10 oz (91st percentile)
Length - 25.75 in (78th percentile)
Head - 17 in (74th percentile)

Sara Beth has outgrown most of her newborn clothes and even some of the smaller 0-3 month clothes, mainly because she is so long compared to her weight. She is still wearing size 1 diapers and probably will be for a few more weeks. Her little waist is just so tiny!

Seth is practically a giant according to all of my friends. He is still all over the place in clothing depending on which brand it is and how much it has shrunk. I rarely look at the labels to tell what size things are anymore... I just hold it up to his big ole' body to see if it will fit. He is still wearing size 2 diapers, but we are about to switch him to size 3 pretty soon.

Sleeping and Eating:
Sleeping is so great at night. I am THRILLED that I listened to my pediatrician. He was so right and after a couple of nights of comforting them but not feeding them, they pretty much stopped waking up. We still have some nights here and there where one doesn't feel very well and fusses some, but we are all doing so much better now that we are getting a full night's rest! On their calendars I keep for them, I wrote that Seth slept through the night without waking for the first time on September 18 and Sara Beth on September 25.

Now that they are sleeping from around 8-9pm until 6-7am, we have had to adjust our feeding schedule some. Sara Beth is typically eating 4-4.5 ounces of breastmilk/formula, plus 6 teaspoons of rice cereal in every bottle. She takes 5 bottles each day.

Seth drinks around 6-7 ounces of breastmilk/formula at each feeding and has just started getting 8 tsp of rice cereal in his bottles. He also takes 5 bottles every day. Both babies have been much better in terms of their digestive health, and their reflux meds continue to help those problems.

Firsts this Month:
Sara Beth started rolling over from her back to her front on October 1 when she was in her crib, and she has slept like that every day since. I will put her to sleep on her back, and within 2 minutes, she is on her stomach. I can flip her over 10 times, and she just flips right back. She only does it in her crib though, and she hasn't figured out how to roll from her stomach to her back yet. On October 3, the babies went on their first road trip with me to Memphis to stay at Granna's house. They also got to meet their new best friend, Harper Heringer, that day in Jonesboro. On October 7, we took the babies on their first walk in the stroller sitting up rather than laying down in their car seats. They loved being able to look around at everything outside!

Favorite Pictures:
 Oh yes, my friends and I played dress up with the babies one afternoon... Santa and a bumble bee anyone?

Mommy's Notes:
I am so thankful that our babies are finally sleeping through the night. With that and their smiling much more often at us now, I think we are all going to make it! :) Those first few months were so hard, and while we still have difficult days here and there, I am very thankful for healthy babies. I love seeing them grow and change, which just seems to happen so fast! Our days are fast-paced and full of eating, diaper changing, and playing. Now that you kiddos are more alert, Mommy is having to entertain you more. We have so much fun together most days. Happy 4 months, precious little ones!

1 comments:

  1. Loved seeing all the photos of the babies! They are precious!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers