Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 16, 2013

Sara Beth and Seth: 2 Months

Much of our babies first month of life was spent in the hospital (13 days for Sara Beth and 28 days for Seth), so I skipped a post specifically documenting their first month of life. Those days now seem like such a blur since I was so sick for most of it. Anyways, I am going to start a month-by-month post so I can remember what our sweet littles were up to each month.

We had their 2-month doctor's appointment this morning, and these babies are fattening up!

Measurements and Sizes:
Sara Beth:
Weight - 9 lb 5 oz (14th percentile)
Length - 21.5 in (19th percentile)
Head - 15 in (33rd percentile)

Seth:
Weight - 12 lb 13 oz (77th percentile)
Length - 22.5 in (34th percentile)
Head - 15.75 in (51st percentile)

Sara Beth started this month mostly wearing preemie clothes and some newborn clothes that shrunk when we washed them. Now, she has outgrown most of her preemie outfits and is wearing mostly newborn outfits. She was in preemie diapers until July 28th when we ran out and switched her to newborn diapers.

At the beginning of the month, Seth had just started to outgrow his preemie clothes and was wearing mostly newborn clothes. In the last week or so of the month, he had a huge growth spurt and outgrew his newborn clothes. He is now in 0-3 month in most things and 3 months in some things. He started the month wearing newborn diapers (he outgrew the preemie diapers in the NICU), and he switched to size 1 diapers on July 27th.

Sleeping and Eating:
So much of their second month of life was just trying to get by. It was really the first time we had them both at home, and we were trying to figure out how to survive! After those first couple of weeks, we tried to get them on a schedule in terms of sleeping and eating. They would eat, sleep for 2-3 hours, and then eat again. Sometimes they would wake up at the same time and other times they would be off from each other by about 30 minutes to an hour. During the day, we would wake them up together to eat, but at night, we would wait for them to wake up on their own. This has made for some very long nights when they are off by just an hour. By the time we feed one, put him/her back down, wait for them to quit fussing (more so her than him), and get back to sleep, the other would wake up. Repeat the process with the other, get back to sleep, and in an hour or two the first was ready to eat again. Their second month of life resulted in very little sleep for their momma and daddy! Seth has been super helpful through the night and early morning shifts. We still haven't quite figured out the perfect schedule for them, but we are working on it! Neither baby is sleeping through the night yet, but we've had a few nights this past week where they have slept for 4 hours in a row instead of their typical 3. Hopefully we are getting close! We did move them to their cribs in their room on August 1st, so that was an exciting event.

Firsts this Month:
They had many 'firsts' this month! Seth had his first bath at home on July 16th (sister had her's in her first month of life). They had their first (of many) trips to Walmart on July 26th and their first trip to a restaurant (Chuy's in Little Rock) on July 29th. They had their first official photo shoot (Sweet Little Things Photography took their newborn photos) on July 30th. I already mentioned this, but they started sleeping in their cribs in their room for the first time on August 1st. They had their first trip to the lake house on August 9th and their first boat ride on August 10th. Busy month for these babies!

Favorite Pictures:

Mommy's Notes:
I'm sure I will say this every month, but I just can't believe how much they have changed in one short month. It is insane to me that this was really Seth's first month home with us. It (amazingly) seems like forever ago that we were trekking back and forth between home and the NICU to visit him. They have both already doubled their birth weights and are growing so quickly! I love these two little ones so incredibly much! We are thoroughly enjoying our days together, and I love watching them grow up. Happy 2 months, sweet babies!

3 comments:

  1. they are so adorable!!! :) new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your twins, they're adorable. Dropping by from Kelly's Korner. I have nearly 3 year old twin girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and I'm laughing at the similarities with our stories!! I started dating my husband when I was 13 and he was 15! We got married in 2011 (after what seems like forever). I'm a lawyer and he's a teacher. We are expecting twins next spring! Wow! Your babies are just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers