Ads 468x60px

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Finally... A Picture of Seth

On the way to the doctor this week, I gave Seth a pep-talk about cooperating during his ultrasound. We've yet to get a very good picture of him, and I really wanted to see his sweet face like we've been able to see her's so many times. Great news... it worked! We got a pretty decent picture of him for about 5 seconds before his sister put her leg in his face, and he completely flipped over so we couldn't see anything. Here is our precious baby boy.
So I think I forgot to mention it before now, but we decided to name him after his daddy. His name will be Seth Ryan Jewell, Jr. and will go by Seth. Yes, this may be confusing, but we will figure it out as we go. I'm so in love with him already. Here were his stats from this week's ultrasound.
               Heart Rate: 138 bpm
               Estimated Weight: 2 pounds, 8 Ounces
               Gestational Age: 28 weeks, 1 day

Well in typical twin fashion (in my clearly inexperienced opinion, anyways), when one cooperates the other doesn't. The ultrasound tech didn't take one picture of her, not one picture, so I have nothing to show of our sweet girl. In all honesty, I really wasn't a big fan of this tech. She flew through the ultrasound and took 3 pictures to give us, 2 of which were a blob of nothing and the one of him. She had the back of her head towards us the entire time anyways, so the picture wouldn't have been that impressive. Her name will be Sara Elizabeth Jewell, and we will call her Sara Beth. Sara is my mom's and grandmother's name, and Elizabeth was my middle name after my great-grandmother. I love that he is named after Seth, and she is named after me (sort of). She is truly our little princess, just like her name means. Here are her stats.
               Heart Rate: 137 bpm
               Estimated Weight: 2 pounds, 7 Ounces
               Gestational Age: 28 weeks, 1 day

So for the first time they were measuring right with each other, both 4 days ahead of their predicted gestational age. The 28 week mark is in just 2 days, and I am beyond relieved. We flew past our first big milestone/goal of 24 weeks, and now we are just days away from our second big milestone/goal of 28 weeks. As my doctor reminded me again this week, when he first met me at 17 weeks with all of my issues and contracting like I was, he didn't think that we would be leaving the hospital with 2 live babies. Now, God-willing, we will be leaving with 2 live babies that have a much better chance of being healthy with few developmental issues. They are truly a gift from Him, and we thank Him constantly for blessing us with their lives!

1 comments:

  1. Ahhh! He is so cute! I was excited to get to see him too. Glad they are hanging in there sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers