Today's topic is all about social media and our favorite websites.
My favorite social media story is that when Seth went off to college (he is one year ahead of me), Facebook had JUST started for colleges, I mean I think he was one of the first 200 users at Arkansas to join. I was {just a little} paranoid when he told me about it because the concept was relatively new to me, and I thought he was signing up for a dating site! Ha we worked it out, and now I've been lured into the social media trap as well.
While I don't have blog sites on any of them, I do have personal accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (my new personal favorite). I tend to lean away from Facebook since I joined my freshman year of college when I was meeting TONS of new people, and now I don't know who many of them are. I purged that account several months ago and deleted about 800 people that I really didn't know. I do use Facebook though to stay in touch with all of my friends that live far away from us now. My Twitter and Instagram accounts though are reserved for my close friends. For the most part, the people I am connected with on those forms are ones that I talk to at least on a semi-regular basis.
I don't usually have much time to spend browsing websites, being that I am not at my computer at all during the day unless it is to check a quick email. My favorite, though, is Google Reader because it lets me catch up with all of my favorite blogs when I have some spare time! I also spend too much time on Pinterest getting ideas for recipes, our new house, and my classroom! Now that I think about it, though, these are basically just more forms of social media. Hmm.
Thanks for stopping by! I have loved this challenge so far because it has allowed me to "meet" so many new blog friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment