Most of the recipes sound amazing and actually sound fairly easy to make. I was craving Italian when I made the menu for the week, and the Spinach Ravioli with Tomato Sauce sounded great to me. I usually don't have time or don't want to spend more than an hour preparing dinner at night, so when I saw that this recipe took about only 25 minutes, I was even more excited about making it! Here is the recipe, with my modifications in parentheses, mostly due to crummy grocery stores in my area (not to offend anyone, but I am NOT a fan of any that we have up here in Northwest Arkansas).
Spinach Ravioli with Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoons EVOO
1 oz. Italian salami, finely diced, or pulsed in a food processor (I diced... less to clean up afterwards)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 28-oz can San Marzano plum tomatoes, drained, juices reserved (bought Hunt's whole plum tomatoes)
5-6 fresh basil leaves, plus more for topping
pinch of sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1.5 pounds frozen spinach-and-cheese ravioli (had to buy just cheese instead)
1 oz ricotta salata or parmesan cheese, grated (no ricotta salata at the store, used parmesan)
1. Boil water. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salami and garlic and cook, about 1 minute. Crush tomatoes into the pan with your hands and cook until slightly dry, about 5 minutes. Add reserved tomato juice, basil, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. **I also added some crushed red pepper flakes here because we like things a little spicy.** Increase heat to high and cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup water and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer while you cook ravioli.
2. Add salt to the boiling water, then add ravioli and cook as the label directs; drain. Divide ravioli among shallow bowls, spoon the sauce on top, and sprinkle with cheese. Top with more basil.
Fancy cookbook picture... and... mine.








Yay! So glad you like it and have started trying stuff. This sounds great! I have flagged this page in mine, too. Looking forward to more posts from the book!!
ReplyDelete