Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas Blog Challenge - Day 3

I need to go back and edit yesterday's post: in the hours since posting, I have convinced my mom and aunt to drive over to Little Rock on Friday to go Black Friday shopping! Woohoo!! Now on with Day 3.
Day 3: Most Meaningful/Best Gift You've Received
Hmm... this is a tricky one. My family is very thoughtful, and I have received a lot of great gifts in the past. I'll share just a few that I thought were really great for different reasons.
(1) Diamond Earrings from Seth
Okay, excuse the horrible bangs, yucky hair in general, the pajamas that I was still wearing sometime around 11:00am Christmas morning, and the general fact that this picture was taken in 2004... BUT Seth decided that year to be super creative and get me a gift for each letter in my name, Chelsea. He gave them a little out of order because he wanted his special gift, my earrings, to be last. He was so cute with all of his thoughtfulness, and I still LOVE these earrings to this day, mainly because he was so sweet to pick them out for me. 
(2) Laptop from my Mom and Dad
We are Mac people all the way and always have been because my dad works in advertising and design. Every computer we have ever owned (and there have been quite a few with the way my family uses them) has been a Mac. In 2002, I received my first laptop, an iBook, from my parents! I was ecstatic and probably sat around glued to it for most of the afternoon (as seen above in yet another terrible picture).
(3) Ornaments from my Mom
One of the sweetest gifts my momma has given me was a box of all of my ornaments from my childhood. There are dozens of those clay ornaments that look like me with my name and date on them doing various activities... cheerleading, dancing, doing gymnastics, skiing, playing tennis, etc. I used to love these and looked forward to buying a new one each year at the Holiday House. Anyways, this past Christmas, my mom boxed them all up, plus a few others I have obtained over the years, and gave them to me for our new family tree... my tree with Seth... that we need to put up... if we can clean our house enough to find room for a tree. It was a super special gift from my super special mom. 
               On another note, I love my owl pajamas, and it looks like I have three hands in this picture. 
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! 

2 comments:

  1. Great gifts to love!

    Have a great Thanksgiving! Love your blog...I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how creative of Seth to buy presents with letters of your name!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers