Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Blog Challenge - Day 2

Whew! It's been the best week so far, seeing as yesterday was Monday and today was "Friday" at school! That makes for a great week! Here goes Day 2...
Day 2: Black Friday/General Shopping Tricks and Tips
Black Friday has always been the cool thing to do in our house. I remember spending the whole day with my dad when I was really little because my mom was out all day with the other girls shopping. I also remember when I was 8 years old, and my mom just casually asked if I wanted to go with them in the morning. Umm, yes! I laid out my clothes and was ready to go somewhere around 4:30am the next morning. I have been going with my mom almost every year since, and we have so much fun! Here are my tips...
(1) Have fun looking through the hundreds of ads on Thanksgiving night with the family.
(2) Make a big pot of coffee early before leaving the house... when it is still dark outside.
(3) Shop at one store, and go to Starbucks for more coffee. To eliminate having to leave the store, shop at a Target with a Starbucks in it!
(4) Pick up a chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a sometime around 7:00am. You have to have energy to keep going!
(5) Laugh a lot. In the years we have participated, my mom and I have been on the radio twice, have been threatened to be arrested by some psycho worker at Best Buy (for doing NOTHING wrong, mind you), and have witnessed some of the most bizarre acts from people ever. Black Friday is the BEST day for people watching.

If you do Black Friday like we do, you don't end up with Christmas presents for everyone on your list, but you sure will have a lot of fun memories! We have been better in the past about actually purchasing gifts on this day, but more than anything, we have some great stories to share. It actually slightly depresses me that we didn't participate last year and we won't again this year because we have been at the lake house. Hmm, sacrifices. :)

1 comments:

  1. this is so me. i buy a few gifts, but mostly i just have FUN! and it is for sure the BEST people watching.

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers