In other news, I have been sick since Sunday and am just trying to hang in there. I went to a clinic to get some antibiotics Sunday evening, but I think they might be making me worse because I have never been so sick at my stomach as I was all day today. My wonderful husband went to the grocery store for us tonight and cooked me dinner while I got to take a nap, and I am already feeling a little better. I'm thinking I'll be asleep very soon so that maybe tomorrow will be a better day! I hope your day tomorrow is great as well!
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Words of Inspiration
Some words that our pastor said a few weekends ago have been stuck in my head lately and giving me a lot of inspiration as a teacher. They weren't even the topic of his message, but they really stood out to me. He was talking about Jesus's love for us, and he mentioned "slow to anger, abounding in love." Those few words just really spoke to me in that I want to be that way as a wife, daughter, friend, and teacher. It comes from the first part of Numbers 14:18, and it echoes in my head everyday. I want to live my life that way, and as I am teaching these kids how to read and write, I also want to teach them how to be great people. I want my actions, words, and attitudes to represent the love of Christ to them at all times, and this is a great verse that reminds me how to be that person in their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






What a great verse :)
ReplyDeleteSorry you've been sick but glad to hear you're feeling a little better!
I'm not the religious type-- though I admire and wholeheartedly respect anyone who is-- but I love the "slow to anger, abounding in love" that you mentioned. We could all stand to take a cue from that, regardless of one's spiritual choice. Feel better soon! ~ Sloane
ReplyDeleteCall Dr. Bill!
ReplyDelete