Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 20, 2010

My Classroom

Well, I have officially completed my first "week" of teaching!! Okay, well, really my week consisted of only two days with the kids, but I survived. Annnnddd I loved it!!! Today was a little better than yesterday because they are starting to pick up on our routines and procedures, but I love them all already! I know it is going to be a great year!! Since school started on Thursday, I had no choice but to "finish" setting up my classroom. Of course, I am never going to be actually finished! We have already added a lot of anchor charts and things we have made as a class, so it is ever-changing! Enough with the talking... here's some pics!
Welcome to Mrs. Jewell's classroom!! By the way, hearing that 15,000 times a day will get you used to your new last name pretty quickly!! :)
Lucky me, I got to be Star of the Week this week! I took this pic before I filled out the info.
I have since written each students' birthday on different colored candles to place on our birthday cakes!
Welcome to my desk! Did you notice the b-e-a-utiful flowers my husband and family sent me?? I know, I know, they are the greatest! :)
a view from my desk
a view from our classroom library... LOVE all of the cabinet space!!
Word Wall ready to be filled! We added "immaculate" today because we started reading Mrs. Piggle Wiggle which used the word to describe a tidy house. One of our goals is to keep our classroom immaculate! Ha I think we've already messed that one up! :) Also, this is our classroom library!
Another classroom library pic. I promise to do a whole post about my library, the books, baskets, labels, etc. for all you teachers out there! Other teachers' websites are how I got some of my ideas, so I feel it's only appropriate to share on here! 
I know I mention this a lot, but I really have been blessed with the best, most supportive group of friends and family. I have been soooo encouraged in the past few weeks, and all of your sweet comments, messages, texts, etc. mean so much to me! I hope the rest of you teachers have had a wonderful start to the new school year! 

2 comments:

  1. Your classroom looks great! I love it! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great! It looks really big which is great!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers