Yesterday, I had a great opportunity to earn some Arkansas History Professional Development hours for my new job (more to come on that later)! We headed out to Hobbs State Park, which is the largest state park covering over 12,000 acres! We went on a two-hour tour around the Historic Van Winkle Trail, and I learned so much about Arkansas's neat history.
Some of the teachers brought their kids along, and I just had to share a few funny stories that still have me laughing:
1) This was a two-hour hike, and within the first five minutes, a little boy (maybe 4 or 5) was sitting on a bench listening to the park ranger talk. The guide asked if there were any questions, and the adorable boy raised his hand... "Is this tour going to be over soon?? I'm really bored!!"
2) About an hour into the hike, another little boy raised his hand with a question. "Is there going to be a park at the end of this??" I'm only assuming his mom told him they were going to a park to get him out of bed and dressed at 8:00am in the summer! Sorry, not your type of park, sweetie!
As I am rereading what I wrote, it doesn't sound quite as funny, but they were such cute kids and really did great for the super hot morning hike through the woods! Anyways, if you are ever in the area, it is a beautiful park and the only one that allows hunting in the state of Arkansas (for those who are interested in that kind of stuff... haha)!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







So cute! Sounds like things my students would say! What a fun way to get professional development hours! Can't wait to hear more about the job!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun. So I am from Texas and we had at least one year of Texas history. Do y'all have that? I also love that was your PDH!
ReplyDelete