This might be a boring post, but if you use Blogger, you might want to read about our recent troubles. Our blog was set up originally under an email address through the university, and when I completed my Masters, my email address was going to disappear. Long story short, when we changed email addresses on our Blogger account, all of our pictures disappeared with it! Apparently, your pictures are stored in a Picasa file attached to your email address, so when we deleted our address, we deleted our pictures as well! At first, we both felt like this...

... and then, we were just pretty bummed and frustrated, mainly because we use this blog to document all of the awesome times we have had together, and the pictures play a pretty large role in that!

My task in my spare time is going back and replacing all of the pictures in our old posts. I have made it through about 9 or so posts, but if you go back far enough, you can see what I'm talking about... words, but just big open spaces where the pictures were supposed to be. I wanted everyone to know so you don't make the same mistake we did!






Oh gosh...I'm so sorry that happened! I would have freaked out! Good luck posting all your pictures again!
ReplyDeleteHey Chelsea- I bet you are going insane over that! I use FLICKR to upload all of my photos to the blog. I think it's much easier that way. You basically just copy and paste a code from Flickr in every spot you want an image versus going into your computer files to 'upload' on Blogger. Blogger also will cap you after a certain # of photos are uploaded, from what I hear......Let me know of any questions!
ReplyDelete