Ads 468x60px

Monday, May 10, 2010

Busy Busy

These past few days have been crazy. There is no other way to describe it.

I subbed last week for my mentor teacher, had two job interviews, and finished out my last week of my internship. On Friday, the interns for next year came to visit the school, and when they left, we all went out to lunch together.
When we got back, we had our big Intern Celebration where we "graduated" from our internship. It was such a special time for all of us, and our families were there to celebrate with us!
We were escorted in by some of our favorite students (excuse their creepily blurred faces).
 Our mentor teachers worked so hard to make it wonderful for us. We were on a game show and had to do all sorts of silly things!
Amy and Haley had 1 minute to empty a tissue box using only one hand. I think Amy (left) won this.
 David and Nathan had to pick up cotton balls using their noses and a plate of Vaseline. David (left) got the most in one minute.
Jean and I had to pretty much be ribbon dancers and unroll two rolls of crepe paper using only our arms in one minute. I won, but Jean and I were both so sore after doing this! It was so much harder than it looked!
Sweet Dr. Eilers bought us a delicious cake from Shelby Lynn's!
our whole fabulous group

Amanda and Ashley are also graduating this year, so we planned a graduation celebration with all of our families for Friday night. As I was turning into the hotel to pick up my parents, a younger girl slammed into the side of my car and sent my car flying into oncoming traffic. She was making an (illegal) left turn out of a parking lot during heavy traffic when two people waved her through right as I got into the turning lane. Thankfully, God gave me the instincts to swerve back into the turning lane so that I avoided being hit head-on by oncoming traffic. It was the most terrifying moment of my life. I am so blessed that my parents and Seth were literally two seconds away and were there to help pry me from the car and take care of all the mess. The insurance adjuster hasn't determined if they will total my car or try to fix it, but because she accelerated so hard into me, the damage is pretty bad. Thankfully, I walked away with some bruises and cuts, but nothing major. God was looking out for both of us! After all of that, I wasn't exactly in the celebratory mood, but we made it for the last few minutes of our party.

Saturday started off with a 7:45am appearance at Bud Walton Arena to walk at my graduation, and after 3 hours of sitting there completely bored, almost all of the girls in my major walked out after receiving our diplomas. I never thought I would be one of those people, but after the weekend I had, I just couldn't sit there for another hour.
daddy and me
 me and my momma
my husband-to-be in 19 days
Okay, so I'm pretty sure you can tell these were taken at our school library, but we didn't take any pictures at graduation. We were so tired and exhausted from everything, that we just forgot.

After we left, we took care of a lot of insurance stuff, got me a rental car, and then moved everything out of my house and into our new house. I was so sore and tired by the end of the night that I could hardly move.

Sunday morning, Mother's Day, we treated my fabulous mother to a yummy brunch at James at the Mill.
It was insanely delicious, but we sadly didn't take any pictures... we were too busy eating! Seth and I have spent the past two days unpacking, organizing, running errands, and taking care of things at the house. We have been to Best Buy at least six or seven times in two days, and I am sure there are more trips there in our future. We are getting settled in, but it has taken a lot of time! My parents were here, Zack came to visit and stayed with Seth, Ashley is moving in with me for a few days, and Seth is leaving on Wednesday. I am subbing at a school the rest of the week, and I would like to be settled before I leave town too. Like the title says, we are just busy busy!!! I haven't even mentioned all of the wedding stuff we have been up to... But this post is too long, and I'm too tired. Nighty night!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are okay after your wreck! Goodness that was awful! Jesus was looking down on both of you :) And get a little rest before your wedding! You are little too busy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh So glad you are okay! AND that the pink razorback cake made another appearance : )

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers