Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Groomsman Spotlight: Nathan

Over the next several weeks, we will have a series of special spotlights including my two brothers (Chase and Trey) and my future brother-in-law (Nathan). Today's post will be about Nathan. I have no idea where to begin with this one. I have literally seen Nathan grow and mature as a man. We first met when I visited Chelsea's house to swim one June afternoon in 2001. Nathan was a rising 4th grader, and I was entering the 10th grade. Since that time, we have both changed a lot and have grown a lot closer over the years.

Nathan and I have grown close in many many ways, and one such avenue for that growth has been the Rose Family Trips. Don't ask me why, but for some reason they invited me year after year to vacation with them in the summer. These trips were a blast. We visited a variety of places including Disney World in Orlando, FL; a cruise in the Caribbean; San Francisco, CA; Destin, FL; Gulf Shores, AL; I could go on and on and on. On every one of these trips, my roommate was always Nathan. Hopefully after the wedding I will still be invited to attend these trips, but I don't think my roommate will still be Nathan. Check out some pics from these trips:
Nathan and I on a bike tour in San Francisco, CA
Sporting our sombreros in Orlando, FL
Striking a pose outside of Epcot at Disney World in Orlando, FL

Nathan and I have always had a lot in common: we liked the same things, we wore the same clothes, and we even had the same jobs (we were both batboys for the Memphis Redbirds, AAA team for the St. Louis Cardinals). Check out these pics (I was young):
As I mentioned before, we have also always worn the same clothes. Early on, Nathan wore my old clothes. Soon enough, however, we were wearing the same size. I thought it would stop there. I was wrong. I now wear Nathan's hand-me-downs. 

Anyway, I don't know how to describe how much Nathan means to me. I never had a little brother, and as a result, I was never able to watch someone grow up like my brothers did. I was never able to help mentor someone into becoming a strong and independent young man. Well, I was given that chance with Nathan. He is in every way a brother to me, and I am thankful that he is a groomsman in my wedding. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so without any further blabbing, here is a photo display to help you understand the bond we have created over the last nine years:
Me, Nathan, and Chelsea before one of the many dances Chelsea and I attended in high school (I still wear that suit, it's one of my favorites)
Wow ... I don't even know where this was, but Nathan and I thought we were so cool. 
He was ... I wasn't.
Nathan and I outside of his last high school football game.
St. George's won the state title.
Two years ago at TableRock Lake. This trip was a blast.
Needless to say, Nathan and I were not on the raft this way very long.

I am so glad that Nathan is going to be a groomsman in my wedding. He is a great friend and brother. We have been through a lot together and have shared so many stages of our lives together. I am honored to have him stand next to me when Chelsea and I get married. Nathan, thank you so much for everything you have been to me. You are a great friend and have always been an encouragement to me. I am proud of the man you are growing to be. 
 
- Seth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers