Ads 468x60px

Friday, January 22, 2010

Men's Wear

This past week, Chelsea and I went to Rogers, Arkansas to explore a couple of essentials for the wedding: the grooms wedding band and the tuxedo. Honestly, before we went I thought to myself, "Why are we doing this? All these rings will look the same, and I definitely can tell the differences between one tuxedo and another." Little did I know how many differences there were. We will start with the wedding band.

This was probably the easier part of our endeavors. We went to Blakeman's Jewelers in Rogers (This is where I bought Chelsea's engagement ring). Moving over to the men's wedding band area, I was surprised to see so many varieties. "Do you want platinum, white gold, or yellow gold?" "Do you want a classic comfort fit?" "Do you like a little texture in your band?" "What do you think about these darker ones?" These are the questions I was asked. I will just say, if you know me, you know that when it comes to things like this, I am pretty indecisive. So ... prior to telling you which one I liked best, check out what I mean when I say there were A LOT of decisions to make.

I know what you're thinking ... it's really not that hard. But things like this are hard for me. So ... after deliberating for what seemed like forever (but was probably only 15 minutes at most), I decided that I liked the classic comfort fit band. I didn't like the textured rings or the diamond rings. Not my style. The decision I have to make now is in regard to color.


I can't decide whether I like the white gold or the standard gold. I go back and forth daily. If you have an opinion, leave a comment below.

So moving on to tuxedo's ... the variety available here really blew my mind. While I knew there were some differences in rings, albeit minimal differences, I thought all tuxedos were the same. Again, I was wrong. There are peaked lapels, notched lapels, winged collars, full collars, cummerbunds, bow ties, long ties, vests, colors, and I could go on and on (literally). We were not able to try anything on, but plan to very soon and will hopefully post pictures of that event. For that reason, I will not bore you with a motley collection of pictures demonstrating these differences as I did with the rings. However, I thought it would be a good idea to show some pictures of awesome tuxedos I am thinking about ordering. Let me know what you think with some comment love (I don't anticipate that I will be heeding your advice in regards to color).
Green, gold, or red?
Maybe a classic Tuxedo shirt is the way to go ...

And My favorite ...
The classic camouflage tuxedo ... We can have a honeymoon in the deer woods.

Anyway ... Chelsea and I had a blast looking through rings and tuxedos. I am glad she was there though because I would never be able to decide these types of things on my own. When a decision is made in regards to both of these items, we will be sure to let you know. Until then ... stay classy blog readers.

1 comments:

  1. white gold wedding band! specifically the first picture. it's classy.

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers