We have had so much fun getting in the Christmas spirit this year! On Monday, my fourth grade class went on a field trip to an assisted living home to sing Christmas carols and visit with the residents, which was so great to see. The students absolutely loved it as did the residents. On Tuesday, we had a Christmas party at our liason's house for all of the interns and our mentor teachers, and on Wednesday, we had the faculty Christmas party at one of the kindergarten teacher's houses. On Wednesday night, the boys threw a Christmas party at their house to celebrate the end of finals and the beginning of the holiday! And I finally had my camera with me to document this celebration. Here are some pics.
Chris, Josh, Clark, and Seth
Clark, Brian, and Seth
Me, Jamie, Melissa, and Katy
Tyler and Seth. I need to note here the creepy mustache Seth is sporting. Because of finals, he had a fuzzy beard going and insisted that for his last final he was going to sport the 'stache. I haven't seen him in two days because he left for Memphis early to go hunting, but I sure hope it is GONE!!!
Singing...
...and dancing!
And one of us!
On Thursday, the fourth grade wore our pajamas to school, and we spent the morning drinking hot chocolate and watching
The Polar Express. As sad as this is, I had never seen the movie, so I was really excited to watch it, and it was wonderful! We had our class Christmas party that afternoon, and I realized that being a teacher is going to make me obese! I have never eaten so much candy and junk food, and then all of my students brought me more as Christmas presents! Someone come help me eat it all!
Today, we watched
Charlie Brown Christmas, made ornaments, and sang Christmas songs at the school-wide Sing-A-Long. Sooo much Christmas but so much fun! I just made it back to Memphis, so now the Christmas celebrations begin here! More to come soon!
0 comments:
Post a Comment