Ads 468x60px

Friday, September 25, 2009

Seth's Emergency Appendectomy

It has been a crazy past few days. I spent some time Tuesday night creating (what I think is) an awesome post about one of my fabulous bridesmaids and wanted to publish it on Wednesday. That just never happened...

I looked at my phone around 5:30pm on Wednesday as I was about to leave the school and had received this message from Seth around 4:30pm. "At doctor's office. About to get a CAT scan. She thinks I may have appendicitis. If so appendix out tonight." Naturally, I am beyond confused because I have been at work since 7:00am and had no clue anything was going on.

Seth started having pain in his lower abdomen Wednesday morning around 9:00am. God is good because he already had scheduled a doctor's appointment for later that afternoon to get some medicine for a sore throat he'd been having. By the time he made it to the doctor, he could barely walk. Of course the doctor noticed and asked him what was wrong. When he told her that his side was killing him but that actually wasn't even why he was there, she knew they needed to check that out as well.

Blood work, urine samples, and a CT scan later, I rushed home to take Seth to the hospital, where they quickly (yes, I was shocked!) admitted him and started hooking him up to machines and doing all sorts of tests. The doctor came in, told him he needed surgery, and wheeled him out about 2.5 hours after we walked in. He was in surgery for about an hour and a half before the doctor came out to tell me he made it through just fine.

He returned to the room sometime around 11:30pm and said he felt great! Ha once the medicine wore off, he quickly changed his opinion about that. He was in the hospital until about 2:00pm on Thursday when he went home and was in pain (even with two painkillers and two antibiotics) for most of the night. He ran a pretty high fever for most of Thursday night and was unable to sleep because he could never get comfortable.

Today was better. He is still in a lot of pain, but he was able to sit up more and eat a little better. He has had no appetite since about 12:30pm on Wednesday, but because he is on so much medication, I have been making him eat just a little each time he takes his medicine. He is being so strong!

Thank you all for the encouragement, support, prayers, and kind words. We really appreciate and love you all! I am so thankful he already had a doctor's appointment and was able to catch his appendicitis before his appendix ruptured. God is good!

Oh, and because I knew I would have to post on this (ha, sadly I have become one of those people), I took a few pictures! We are not happy about the surgery, only trying to stay positive and cheer Seth up!
Zack and Ashley were there to keep me company during his surgery. Don't know what either of us would do without either of you!!
Love you!!
On his way out the door...
Oh, wait, nurse? Could you take a group pic of us before he goes??

Love you, Seth! Hope you get to feeling better quickly!! Check back tomorrow for an update on Seth and that post I was talking about earlier...

1 comments:

  1. So funny - not the surgery, the pics! I bet those people thought yall were nuts!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers