Shawna is one of the most amazing people I know. I first met her through my friend Ashley, who was roommates with Shawna at the time. I remember meeting her a few random times (One Tree Hill nights in your room??) but we instantly became friends when we bonded over our love of babysitting little ones! While Seth and Ashley talked politics (a VERY regular occurrence) and watched American History X, Shawna and I talked about the summer job I had just been hired for... working at Victory Ranch as the nanny for the camp directors' three amazing children, N, J, and A. (I don't want to put their names on here... there are creepy people out there!). Anyways, several hours, days, and discussions later, Shawna, Ashley, Seth, and I drove to Memphis so Shawna could interview to nanny with me!! And one of my all-time favorite pictures of us came from the FREAK snow storm that we drove all night in to make it there...
I think it is safe to say that Shawna and I were immediate friends. If you know her, you love her. She is the most dedicated person I have ever met, and she will do anything for her friends. I can't count the times Shawna has driven to Memphis to see me or spend a birthday or holiday with me. She is an amazing person, and I don't know what I would do without her in my life.Wow we look young. This is the first picture I have of us together. We met up while we were all in Oxford, MS for a Razorback game during the fall of our freshman year.
Our first summer at VR. Remember how little they were, Shawnee?
You should see these two together... it is just the cutest thing!
One of MANY crazy dress-up nights at camp. Oh, the things we all wore!
In New York! We have traveled to Tampa, Italy, New York, and Bolivar together :) and we have fun everywhere we go!
New Years Eve in Memphis! Isn't she gorgeous??
The birthday girl! We woke her up at 5:30am on her 21st birthday to run in the Race for the Cure. I think this was later in the day, though, before we went to the baseball game together. Such a Shawna birthday!
The three of us! :)
Our happy "family" at the beach!
With Anne, their mom and our BFF!You should see these two together... it is just the cutest thing!
One of MANY crazy dress-up nights at camp. Oh, the things we all wore!
In New York! We have traveled to Tampa, Italy, New York, and Bolivar together :) and we have fun everywhere we go!
New Years Eve in Memphis! Isn't she gorgeous??
The birthday girl! We woke her up at 5:30am on her 21st birthday to run in the Race for the Cure. I think this was later in the day, though, before we went to the baseball game together. Such a Shawna birthday!
The three of us! :)
This girl is incredible. She loves sweet tea and chicken strips more than anyone I know. She can tell you directions to just about anywhere and remembers just about everything. She is loyal, driven, hard-working, and sincere. She is always so positive and encouraging, and she encourages me to be a better person just by being around her.
Right now, she is living very far away from me because she is so driven that she landed her dream internship for THREE event planning companies in LA. She is absolutely living the life, and we have all been taking bets for quite some time that she is not coming back to us. The only thing we have going for us here is just how southern this girl is at heart :)
We love you and miss you so much, Shawna! I am so incredibly honored to have you in our wedding and even more honored to have you as a friend. You mean the world to me!!! Know that I am thinking about you and praying for you each day! Love you, Shawnee!!!
Oh, and because we are both new to this blogging thing and love it so much, check hers out! You can follow her through LA!!!
:)









Love love love her!!!! She's super duper sweet!!! Her twitter updates always make me jealous of her fabulous California life! :)
ReplyDelete~D
Very very well sad!!! She is so wonderful and everything you said is so true!
ReplyDeletesad= SAID : ) oops!
ReplyDeleteChels & Seth- Im So lucky to have yall as friends and am honored to be apart of your special day! Miss & Love ya Both!! Your post was too sweet! Chels- Italy? how could you forget? haha jk : ) You two mean the world to me and I couldn't be happier for yall! See you soon- just not sure when!!!
ReplyDeleteDale & Kenlie- your sweet words made my night, thank you! Love you both!!!
I have to totally agree with all you say about this sweet girl! God really blessed you when He brought her and her family into your life! I love her so much and her family is so awesome also. These pictures just made me cry! I just remember how happy you both were those summers with the "kids"! You will have lifelong memories that you will treasure forever, I promise!
ReplyDelete