Ads 468x60px

Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Perfect Proposal

As a fun girls trip, three of my best friends from college and I went to New York over our last Christmas break together. We spent an incredible four days running all over the city doing as much as we possibly could while we were there. The picture below is the four of us at dinner before seeing "The Phantom of the Opera."
Being the insane planner/organizer that I am, I coordinated all of the events for the week in an itinerary (surprised, anyone?) with the exception of the dinner on the last night. I was told not to make reservations because Shawna's sister (who we were staying with) had made them for us at Tavern on the Green in Central Park. Sounded great to me!

We arrived at dinner promptly for our 7:30 reservations. Immediately upon being seated in the gorgeous dining room, I was approached by the waiter carrying a glass of champagne and a card "from the gentleman across the room."
Shocked doesn't even describe my reaction. Obviously, I had been waiting for this moment, well forever, but it was more incredible than I could have imagined. I looked across the restaurant and saw him standing there. A-maz-ing. Shaking, I made my way across the restaurant, where he told me that the past 2, 478 days were the best of his life and that he couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with me. It was perfect. We had dinner at our own private table and joined my friends after a wonderful meal for a few "party pics"...

I also learned during dinner that practically all of my friends and family knew about the engagement for several months. My MOH and BFF Ashley knew for at least five months. We lived in the same room and discussed weddings/engagements on practically a daily basis (sorority house life...), and she never said a word. He planned the entire thing in September/October after we bought our plane tickets in August :). Incredible. It was perfect. Love him!! Here are a few pictures he had the photographer take of us...
Our awesome dinner was followed by a carriage ride through Central Park and a return to Memphis the next day with all of my friends where our friends and family through a surprise engagement party for us! It could not have been more perfect!!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! And it's so appropriate that the self-proclaimed "Blog Stalker" now officially has her own! So excited for Sincerely Yours to become a part of your wonderful story! Thanks for including me (:

    Blessings, Seth and Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. You have a new followering!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers