Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 30, 2014

Sara Beth and Seth: 12 Months

We made it to one year! It makes me sad to think that this is our last monthly post and monthly pics. I will probably continue to do posts every time we go back to the pediatrician for well-child visits, but I am still trying to decide what info to share each month. I guess I have some time to decide. 

Measurements and Sizes:
Sara Beth:
Weight - 19 lbs 11 oz (26th percentile)
Length - 30.75 in (92nd percentile)
Head - 17.5 in (30th percentile)

Seth:
Weight - 26 lbs 5 oz (89th percentile)
Length - 21.75 in (94th percentile)
Head - 18.75 in (83rd percentile)

Sara Beth is finally wearing the "correct" size clothes... she wears almost all 12 month clothing. She is still wearing size 3 diapers during the day and size 4 diapers at night.

Seth wears mostly 18 month clothing, although he has a few shorts that are 12 month that fit him and several tshirts that are 24 month. He wears size 4 diapers during the day and size 5 diapers at night.

Sleeping and Eating:
The adjustment to milk has thrown us all for a loop around here. Although this technically happened after their birthday, I feel it is important to remember, if nothing else for any testing SB might have to have done! We made the switch from formula to milk pretty much on their birthday. I did a few bottles half milk/half formula, but I ran out of formula quickly and didn't see the point in buying more so it was a pretty abrupt change. I switched them to Horizon Organic Whole Milk because I was in denial about their birthdays and that was all Walmart had in stock for organic milk. They drank it great out of sippy cups immediately (their bottles went away the morning of their birthday... again, cold turkey). About 24 hours later, though, it was clear that Sara Beth was VERY bothered by it. Bubby had some slight issues but nothing like hers. When I took them to the pediatrician four days later for their 1 year visit, he told me to give her a month to adjust to the milk. We made it a week before I called back because she was so miserable. They told us to switch to almond milk, so I made a trip to Whole Foods and bought him Organic Valley Whole Milk (his current milk) and 365 Whole Foods Organic Almond Milk for her. We tried that with her for five days before I called back because she wasn't showing much improvement. They told me to start her back on the Nutramigen to see if things returned to normal. We are FINALLY about back to normal with her. She will stay on formula for another month or two, at which point we will try the milk thing again. If it has the same effect, she will have testing done for allergies. So that's pretty much where we stand on the milk front. I haven't been keeping track of new foods because they try just about everything we eat now, which is really fun!

Firsts This Month:
While we were at the beach, we worked on waving 'bye-bye' with them, and they picked it up quickly! Seth started waving bye-bye on May 22, and SB started waving AND saying bye-bye on May 24 (her first official word other than Da-Da). On May 25, SB cut her top right molar, giving her 9 teeth total. On June 3, Sara Beth started standing alone, and on June 4, Baby Seth started standing alone.

Favorite Pictures:

Mommy's Notes:
My goodness, we made it through your first years of life! It seems impossible to remember life without the two of you here. Your personalities are so fun and so different, and I love it! The most common question I get these days is how far apart the two of you are... it makes me laugh every time (at least on the inside). You are just as different personality wise as you are size wise, but you are always a team (even when you are mad... and biting each other...). Watching the two of you follow each other around getting into things always makes me smile. I pray that you will always be as close as you are these days. Happy 12 months of life, babies! We love you so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers