Measurements and Sizes:
Still no official stats... we've been at the beach for the past two weeks, and I'm pretty sure we will all come home 5 pounds bigger than when we left.
SB can still wear a random assortment of clothes. Her waist is so teensy that 3-6 month pants really fit her best but are definitely capris or even shorts on her long little legs. I would say she mostly wears 12 month clothing though. She still wears size 3 diapers during the day and size 4 diapers at night.
Most of Bubby's clothes are 12-18 months or 24 months or 2T... I still can't quite figure out why they have 24 month clothing at all. He still wears size 4 diapers during the day and size 5 diapers at night.
Sleeping and Eating:
Sleeping and eating and schedules and keeping track of new foods have somewhat gone out the window over the past two weeks of vacation. They are waking up earlier down here because we are an hour ahead, and they still haven't adjusted much to that. They are usually waking up around 6am, but I don't go get them until around 7am, so they talk and chat or fall back asleep during that hour.
For foods, I kept track until we came on vacation and then I haven't been as good about it. They ate spinach for the first time on April 19, mango on April 23, asparagus on May 2, pickles for Seth on May 8 (SB wouldn't consider eating them), olives for Seth on May 9 (again, SB wasn't going to try them), saltine crackers for Seth on May 10 (yes, you guessed it, Sara Beth wasn't interested), and then vacation started and I've lost track. Since we've been here, they have tried watermelon, real oatmeal, noodles, cucumber, tomatoes, cherries, and maybe a few other things I have forgotten. So far I haven't been able to find anything that baby Seth won't pick up and eat, although he definitely has favorite foods. Sara Beth is far pickier. She usually ends up liking every food, but she is far more hesitant to try them at first.
Firsts This Month:
Sara Beth started using her straw sippy cup on April 17, and she is actually really good at it now. They love drinking water out of them. We celebrated the babies' first Easter with our family, which was so fun. They went to their first Easter egg hunt at our church on April 19 and then Easter Sunday was on April 20. Mary and I took the babies to the zoo for the first time on April 22, and we had so much fun! The Little Rock zoo was nicer than I expected it to be, and the babies did great riding around for a few hours. That night you both took your first bath in the big bathtub and LOVED it! Sara Beth finally got her 8th tooth in on May 3, and then she started pulling up on May 4. She can stand up by herself, but the moment she realizes no one is holding her, she panics and sits down. They went on their first vacation to the beach on May 10 and have had so much fun playing in the water and sand.
Favorite Pictures:
Mommy's Notes:
My two little loveys, you have more personality than I know what to do with sometimes. There are so many moments each day where you just seem so big... SB, you act like you are 16 sometimes, which completely terrifies me and your daddy. You listen to us like you totally understand everything we are saying and like you will open up your mouth and respond at any second with complete sentences. Bubs, I look at you sometimes, and you look so much like a little boy and not at all like a baby. You love to drive your sister crazy by taking anything and everything she has in her hands. You are already so strong, but you have such a sweet heart. Your personalities have come out SO much over this past month. You both get your feelings hurt extremely easily if someone tells you no. You turn your little lips down and in slow motion start hysterically crying. You are the cutest little munchkins I've ever seen, and I love you both more than you will ever know.






0 comments:
Post a Comment