Measurements and Sizes:
No stats for this month. They won't go back to the doctor until they are one year, and then we basically have to see every doctor they've ever been to for follow up appointments: ENT, opthamologist, gastroenterologist, pediatrician... should make for a fun birthday week!
Sara Beth is still somewhere around 18 pounds. Because of this crazy weather we are having, she wears whatever I can find that fits her. One day it is a 12-18 month summer outfit, and the next it is a 6-9 month winter outfit. She is wearing size 3 diapers during the day and size 4 diapers at night.
Seth is pretty much in the same boat sister is in, but his winter stuff is too small for him, so he frequently has to wear short sleeves when it is 40 degrees outside (like today). Most of his clothes are 12-18 months or 24 months. He still wears size 4 diapers during the day and size 5 diapers at night.
Sleeping and Eating:
We all really love our schedule around here. On days that I overbook us and schedule too many things to do, we all end up frustrated, off our schedule, and exhausted by the end of the day. I have GOT to stop doing that to us! We are basically down to two naps a day: one from 9:00-10:30am and one from 1:30-3:00pm, give or take a minute or two. ;) Bedtime comes right at 7:00pm and their internal alarm clocks continue to wake them up at 6:30am, even though I really wish I could reset them for 7:00am.
I have got to do better with the real foods thing. It just has not been a priority lately, and I need to make it more of one. We did introduce chicken pieces to them (March 15), grapes cut up into microscopic pieces (March 17), hard-boiled eggs (March 18), pureed blueberries (April 3), and pureed broccoli (April 7). They really are the best eaters, and so far they have loved everything I have given them. I am so thankful for good eaters! Now I have to be better about giving them more to eat!
Firsts This Month:
On March 16, Sara Beth's tooth to the right of her two bottom middle teeth came in. She now has 7 teeth total and three teeth along the bottom, which is pretty funny to me (and only bothers my OCD, type A, even number obsessed personality a teensy bit). On March 19, I am watching Sara Beth walk around our kitchen in the walker, when Bubby decides he wants to get in it, so he just pulls himself right on up! Since then, he has been pulling himself up on anything and everything. On March 24, our babysitter and friend Mary went to the park with us so the babies could swing for the first time! They had the greatest time... we must do that again soon. April 1 was the first birthday to celebrate with their Daddy, and they were so great at his birthday dinner at Copeland's. On April 8, Sara Beth threw up for the first time, actually the first eleven times. It was a rough 48 hours in our house until she felt a little better. While she was sick and cuddly, I gave Seth his first straw sippy cup on April 10, and he loves it now! It took him a few minutes of shaking it, turning it upside down, chewing on the straw, chewing on the bottom, before he realized that he could drink out of the straw. I was actually pretty impressed that it didn't take him longer than about 5 minutes to figure out how to drink out of it. I have given Sara Beth hers since then, but she hasn't quite figured it out, nor is she really interested in trying to figure it out. On April 12, I took the babies to their first UAMS NICU Reunion! The NICU nurses put a wonderful event together each year to celebrate the babies that have graduated from there. It is so neat to see so many other babies (lots of other twins and triplets!) who are all celebrating life and overcoming an early birth. I actually got emotional talking to one of the nurses about how far they have come! Those long weeks in the NICU seem so far away when I watch my big babies moving so independently all over our house, but at other times, I can remember those machines, tubes, incubators, doctors, tests, stats, like it was just yesterday.
Favorite Pictures:






Mommy's Notes:
Oh, my little lovies, what a month it has been. The two of you are ALL over the place. You chase me down from room to room and are into everything! Daddy had to start baby-proofing, and each day you find something else to get into that we didn't think about. You are both SO smart, observant, and curious. Baby Seth, you are my wild child. You can't sit still for longer than about 2 seconds because there are too many other things you want to be doing. In pulling up on everything, you have managed to pull lamps off of tables, knock the end tables completely over, and spill more things than I can count. You are such a fun boy who loves to smile and laugh all the time. Sara Beth, this past week with you has broken my heart! Since you came down with tummy issues (still not quite sure what is going on) on the 8th, you have snuggled me more in a week than you have in your first 10 months of life. All you want to do most days is lay on my shoulder, and while I am LOVING your sweet cuddles, I want you to feel better so badly! I love the two of you more than you will ever know.






0 comments:
Post a Comment