2002 - This was our first Valentine's day together. We had been dating for eight months at this point. All I can remember is that Seth picked out this adorable teddy bear for me that I still love to this day.
2003, 2004 - Eeekkk... neither of us can remember exactly how we celebrated. I think that for one of them, I cooked a fancy dinner for Seth at my house, complete with sparkling grape juice (early high school here, remember?) and that we went to Frank Grisanti's for the other year, but I couldn't find any pictures to document this.
2005 - Seth was away at college, and Valentine's was on a Monday. He sent me beautiful roses on the day-of and then came in town that next weekend to go to a Valentine's Dance in Memphis.
Eesh, not one of my better pictures, but the roses sure are beautiful!
Party pic before the dance... we are decked out in pink! Makes me laugh!
2006 - We went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Theo's, for the first time! It was wonderful! I sadly don't have pictures to document our Tuesday-night date, but he brought me beautiful flowers, and we had such a great time together! Just to throw a picture in there, Chi O formal was in Eureka Springs the weekend following Valentine's Day, so here is a picture of us from then.
2007 - This year, Seth made us reservations at James at the Mill, and he went all out to make it special! He went early that day and had beautiful flowers and a card waiting for us at the table, and he also had me flowers sent to the Chi O house that day. I can't believe I didn't take pictures of any of this!
2008 - For some strange reason, neither of us can remember this one either! I think that I had a class on the actual night and that maybe we celebrated later somewhere? How terrible is our memory... that was just two years ago!
2009 - We had been engaged for a little over a month, and Seth had a job interview in Dallas on Sunday after Valentines day on Saturday. We spent a very fun weekend in Dallas shopping, hanging out, and eating yummy food! This was definitely one of our favorite Valentine's spent together.
On the road to Dallas still super giddy with excitement and wanting to show off my ring in every picture... not sure the excitement level has changed any :)
One of those awkward, take-it-yourself car pics at a red light
I was pretty proud of this. Seth loves to fly fish, and I wanted to get him some new tools, so I got him a gift certificate to one of his favorite places. He was super excited!
Anyways, we usually don't go all out for Valentine's Day, but both of us LOVE a delicious meal and some quality time together, and the holiday gives us a perfect excuse for both! Check back in with us on Sunday to see how we are celebrating our love this Valentine's Day!







My favorite picture is of you guys dressed in pink! I love it! It reminded me of high school dances and how our minds thought back then! Love the post! Glad you are doing better!
ReplyDelete