Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 21, 2009

ARA Conference

Seth has been responsible for updating the blog because I was in Little Rock from Wednesday to Friday at the Arkansas Reading Association Conference. We left school early on Wednesday to make it in time for registration at the Wine and Cheese Party. Afterwards, all of the interns at my school went to Sticky Fingers for dinner, and we had a great time!

I heard some really great speakers throughout the next two days and met some great children's book authors who were inspiring. I didn't get a ton of pictures, but here are a few. And for those of you who were wondering about my twitter status, here are some explanations.

First, I met Michael Shoulders, who is the author of many great books, two of which are Say Daddy! and N is for the Natural State
I went to a luncheon that he spoke at on Thursday, and he was hysterical. He put on his "chains" and started rapping the words to one of his books. So great!!
I also got my picture taken with him, and I had him autograph my copy of N is for the Natural State. 
On Friday, Jack Gantos, author of many books including the Joey Pigza books and the Rotten Ralph series, spoke in the General Session.
My professor (and chair of the conference) gave me a ticket to a luncheon at which another esteemed author, Richard Peck, was speaking. I went with her, and she had me sit next to Jack Gantos! He is absolutely hysterical and is such a character! His books are great, and he has such an awesome personality!
Jack signing autographs and doodling in the books. He spent so much time and effort on these books!

Anyways, I am back in Fayetteville and trying to be productive, but right now, we are all thoroughly enjoying our lazy Saturday! Hope you all are having a great Saturday as well!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers