Ads 468x60px

Monday, August 31, 2009

Reception Venue

I am super excited to post these pictures! But first, here is a little background on our reception venue selection...

Seth and I went home for Spring Break this past year with the goal of picking our reception site. I spent a long time making appointments and filling up our days to make the most out of our time at home. We had appointments to look at TWELVE different places in Memphis.

The Memphis Zoo was Seth's idea for our reception location. For those of you not familiar with Memphis, our zoo was created in 1906 and was named "#1 Zoo in the U.S." in 2008. I grew up going to the zoo and have been to many fun events there but never a wedding reception.

Anyways, it was our third place to visit, and we fell in love with it all! There are four places at the zoo to rent out for receptions, but we chose the newest area of the zoo, Teton Trek. Actually, it isn't even open yet! If you know me (and my crazy, Type-A personality) at all, then you would know that it is insane that I would choose and book a place that I was unable to actually see! But I could not be more excited about it!!

It is scheduled to open October 1, but I was able to go in for a "sneak peak" of the progress before I returned to Fayetteville in August. I could not be more excited about our decision!! I think it is just going to be spectacular!! Here are two pictures... the first is of the interior and the other is a rear view of the lodge. It is designed after Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone National Park. Pretty neat, huh?
Get excited!!! Only 271 days away!!! :)

1 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!! It looks perfect for you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ebates Referral Code


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Bloglovin

Follow our blog with bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers